Shimano Downtube shifter bosses - Concave Washers

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I am after a pair of washers for a set of Dura Ace downtube levers. Any will do as they are pretty much the same. Its the concave shaped boss washers if anyone has a set lying in the bottom of their toolbox. I can swap for the flat ones used on alloy frames or paypal etc.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Jamie

Arghhhh! Only a few weeks ago I turned my concave washers down as I couldn't find any flat washers for my Vitus....

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Its the usual tale ;)
The Dura Ace 7700's came with both, the flats for use on aluminium frames, concave for more traditional but it seems everybody binned the ones they didnt use. Thats why I thought somebody might have some at the bottom of their toolbox.
I'll find some somewhere.
My LBS told me they are not a spare part in the UK but are in Europe and the US. They did say that the shifters haven't been around for a long time, until I brought to their attention the fact you can buy them new and now in 10 speed :roll:

Jamie

I wish I'd done a wanted ad now, it hurt to modify them!

I didn't know you could get 10 speed d/t shifters, where can you get them from? :?:

Shimano

Shimano! ;)

No seriously, they are a general available part. All bike shops should be able to get them. Check ebay, plenty about. They are from memory £59 rrp.

Jamie

Please sir!

Please kind sirs, dig deep.
dig into those toolboxs, just one concave washer a day for the next two days can make a big difference to the life of a rider who cant shift gears.
You can ignore the sad titanic music playing in my head but surely you cant ignore the agonising screams of a shiftless rider :cry: :cry:

Thank You
Jamie

let me check at a couple of my local LBSs tomorrow or tuesday, they are often quite good for parts like these.

Thank you!

You sir are a gentleman of the highest standing!
Thank You, for your offer of help.
Jamie

I've checked both shops this afternoon, and they don't have any of these, not loose anyway. They do have some sets of levers, but then so do I... I actually need a set of concave washers myself too (I can swap for the flat type if needed) so I'll form a queue after Jamie!

Back