Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:32 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi everyone :-) As per title, I am desperate to find a pair / put together a pair from 2 sources the missing QR levers from my NOS Galli Hubs / GP4's. They are currenty fine with the Campy 1's I'm using, but after 1 year of constant fleabay searching I give in.

Hopefully someone in here has 1 OR both gathering dust somewhere. Just want to see these wheels back to "original" :-) Tia for any help, yours Laz.

PS: Hope to be back in the saddle again soon re: stuff I've promised, almost there now :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:00 am 
Retro Guru

I knew it was a long shot :-( Can anyone even tell me IF Galli QR levers are marked "Galli" / What they look like ? Velo have no records of Galli Criterium hubs with skewers in them, and Google + 7hrs and no sign of what they even look like. Darn good hubs too.

I'm getting mixed messages that the QR's might be marked "Maillard / Gipiemme / Sachs / but they're all French aren't they ?"

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Tia, yours Laz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 am 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Lazarus wrote:
I'm getting mixed messages that the QR's might be marked "Maillard / Gipiemme / Sachs / but they're all French aren't they ?"

Gipiemme are Italian as are Galli.

I've got some Galli brake levers............................... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 am 
Retro Guru

Hi Ned, thanks for the drop by :-) Didn't know Gipiemme where Italian, thought they where a French outfit. You see when I bought these hubs they came with skewers, but I had so much stuff arriving, like a kid in a sweet shop, I got everything all mixed up in a big bundle of "stuff".

I have got Gipiemme skewers, & don't know where they came from either. It all gets so confusing late80's through the 90's because of hard times & mergers with cycle parts manufacturers.

Just can't find ANY proof of what QR's the Galli Criteriums shipped with as NOS. There is always hope :-) Bloody nice smooth running hubs too, not as good as Record stuff, but close enough for me to like them. Later Ned, yours Laz.