26.8 seatpost for this!!! Please 8D

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Surely someone must have something I can use.... third attempt so folks can see that there's only one missing component!!!

420561_10150746515038082_672683081_12413062_1971211312_n.jpg

Something suitable - even maybe cutdown. 26.8.

I have a NOS Suntour one.
I'm not sure which group its from, its quite short (not cut, so definitly a road one) - anyway, I can send pics later.
I'm thinking £15 + postage, let me know if you are interested.

Mike

Was trying to stay European but Suntour might do as a stop-gap. So please send pics... 8D.

Hi DB . "I owe you a favour for digging out that mavic stuff I never took" :) Damn sure it's a 26.8. Anyways, I'll strip the Campagnolo Triomphe / Victory off my Raleigh and if it is, it's yours :) Don't ask a price it's not for sale, just send me postage money buddy.

Your's Laz. PS: it looks like the Athena / Chorus range ie: aero style. Velobase will put you in the picture (3rd pic down)

http://velobase.com/ListComponents.aspx ... 5628ea75e7

Later DB. Laz

Oh ! PPS: "it's top notch quality, NOS like state" :)

Awesome Laz. The bike has Victory/Triomphe brakes on at the moment too so would be a good match. Timeline wise - 87/88 it's absolutely spot on for what I want.

Let me know what postage will be (and if it's a 26.:cool:.

Hi again DB :) "Sh*t it's a 27.0" SORRY buddy, could have sworn it was a 26.8. Very angry with myself, because I know I have a 26.8 somewhere, and I'm damn sure its an aero version .... grrrr :oops:

I'll get ALL my stuff out and find it. Give me 24hrs :) It's that or dare to polish the 27.0 down to 26.8 (done it myself on 2 other posts of my own & no-one knows but me .... and the entire internet haha). I could do it very precisely on a lathe for you ?

Will check back tomorrow. Later DB, yours Laz.

Blimey! Well I cannot compete with the generosity offered by Laz (nice one fella :cool: ) but I can oofer you a Selle San Marco fluted and semi aero seatpost if you are still looking....

Hi Tel :) " DB did my a great favour last year by digging endlessly through his mountain of spares for some elusive Mavic parts, ..... then I let him down. Gotta find a way to say thanks for the effort, you know how it is :)"

Later my friend, Laz.

Haven't forgotten you DB, just been too lazy to unearth what I have. I'll do it today & get back to you tonight with the answer :) If I don't have an Athena 26.8 (almost identical) do you want me to polish the 27.0 down to 26.8 ? It's your call. Later buddy, yours Laz.

Hi Laz

Many thanks for your efforts so far.

Don't go spoiling a 27.0 seatpost on my behalf. It would be nice to finish the build but not that way ... 8D Athena would be fine - worst part is I gave one away myself to the guy who bought my Rossin a few years back!!!

Tel - if no luck with Laz - then I may well be in touch.

Back