deep drop dual pivot brakes FOUND thanks!

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
... for my girlfriend's 80s Falcon

Drop needed = approx 59mm front and 63mm rear

SILVER only please

Acor, Tektro or WHY?

Cheers
Al :)

EDIT - as it's an old bike, better make that TWO front brakes unless they are the rarer nut fitting type dual pivots ;)

Rats..I've got two ProMax brakes that might fit the bill:

IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

They're identical front AK ones 48-64mm drop with a 30mm long bolt, QRs, NOS £15/pr incl post.

194g each, if you're bothered ;)

All the best,

It's good to know the weight actually, the bike has been upgraded a lot (about 2.5kg lighter than it was!)

So, both come with pads then? Do you know if they're meant for allen key nut or standard by any chance (just she's out at work on her bike now so can't tell).

If allen it's ok, I can drill out back of fork crown! Do you have the nuts?

Many thanks,
Al :D

Yup, Al, they have pads, shoes with separate pads. They are for Allen key, fittings included.
I can actually do either a proper pair (front and back) if you want. Just that you asked for 2x fronts.

All the best,

danson67":lw3103os said:
Yup, Al, they have pads, shoes with separate pads. They are for Allen key, fittings included.
I can actually do either a proper pair (front and back) if you want. Just that you asked for 2x fronts.

All the best,

Cheers, well I know from past experience that if they are have recessed allen key fitting that I need two fronts (rear can be nutted, and front requires drilled crown) so they - the two fronts - look just the ticket... I'll just check with SWMBO and get right back to you, thanks a lot :D

ps, any thing you'd trade for them (I have funds, just asking!)

Latest posts

Back