WTD: Modolo brake calipers

YellowMercian

Dirt Disciple
My front brake caliper has recently broken, in the unlikely event that some one has one front one to sell, I'd be interested.
Preferabley a Modolo speedy or a different model of the same/similar shape e.g professional, flash etc.

If not then I'm looking for a modolo caliper set, any model any colour but not overally keen on the ones with sticker decals on.

Hello,

Which part exactly has broken? I have an old pair of black modolo speedies.
All the chrome/steel parts are rusty, but the arms, front and back, are
OK. They are not in stunning condition, but the arms are useable.
You can have them for the price of postage from Belgium, which should
be about €8.

Johnny

Very kind of you Johnsqual, Its the left arm (as your looking at it from the front) and the center bolt but mostly the center bolt.

How rusty is the center bolt on yours? Could I get away with it given a clean up?

Thanks

I think it is usable but aestehtically it looks a bit bad.
I will fish it out tonight and try to sort some photos if
I get time.

Johnny

OK, I had a look and the bolts are rusty on the ends but still functional.
They might clean up, eg with autosol, but the chrome is pretty much gone. The arms are ok though.

I think I had a go at trying to clean them enough to either use or sell, but gave up.

The model is equipe, not speedy. I have no idea where that fits in the modolo heirarchy. They are black with white lettering.

I also have a complete modolo speedy front calliper with better bolt on
my old beater/commuter bike. Pads are knackered, but otherwise seems ok. Is anodised aluminium.

Sorry, no photos. It was the New Year reception at work with free booze, so I got a bit, er, distracted.

Either of those any use?

Johnny

Haha thats ok I dont blame you.
I'd be interested in the Modolo speedy if you can bring yourself to part with it lol. I've got the pads already so they arn't essential.

Do you happen to know how long the bolt is?? I could have bought a Modolo Speedy 10x over but they are all to short with a recessed nut and I don't trust myself to drill forks having experienced myself trying to put curtains up... Not a pretty sight.

Let me know the costs etc & maybe a pic if you have time

Thanks

The speedy has a 68mm bolt, the equipe has a 50mm bolt. Both those
are including the bolt head. Pics later, sorry, it's a busy week this week.

Johnny

Hello,

Here's a couple of pictures. As you can see, the bolt on the Equipe
callipers is rough. It is usable, but the chrome is gone.
The Speedy callipers are in a bit better state.

Le me know if you're interested or need some more pictures.

Johnny

Attachments

• bike parts 2 001.jpg
    bike parts 2 001.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 491
  • bike parts 2 002.jpg
    bike parts 2 002.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 491
Back