Steel road or SS frame, 52-53cm

Never Stop

Dirt Disciple
Hi, i'm after a frame to be used as a commuter to get to work and just get around on

My wants and needs...

-52cm or 53cm, maaaybe 54cm
-top tube no longer than 54, preferably shorter
-nothing to fancy, don't want to ruin a nice frame
-room for at least 28c, more room the better

rather not pay more than 150

Let me know if you got or have seen anything, thanks for looking.

Hello,

I have four different frames that might be interesting for you. All are in Belgium.
Postage should be between €25-€40, depending on the frame - I will need to weigh them to check the exact postage cost.
Let me know if you are interested, and if having a frame sent from Belgium would be OK for you.
If so, I will sort out some more exact measurements and geometry, and
some photos.

1) A 'Compagno' frame, probably from the 1990s. I think Compagno is
a Belgian shop that rebadges other frames. This is a very nicely built frame, Columbus Thron tubing, campagnolo drop outs. Quite tight clearances for brakes. Chrome fork and chain stays. Yellow paint in very good condition. 54cm seat tube.
€90 plus postage.

2) A Ludo frame, early-mid 1970s. Ludo was one of the major Belgian builders. Don't know the brand of tubing, but it has 27.2 seatpost and is light, so I think it is good quality. Many Belgian manufacturers used Ishiwata tubing, but I can't say for sure in this case. Campagnolo drop outs again.
Paint would do for a beater/commuter bike, but could be resprayed or powder coated. 53cm seat tube
€45 plus postage.

3) A frame branded 'Kahan'. 1960s, I think. As far as I can tell, Kahan is a now defunct shop from Antwerp. An older frame, but has nice distinctive paintwork (sort of Molteni organge). Has Simplex drop outs.
Not a super flashy frame but could make a nice commuter bike. 54cm seat tube.
€40 plus postage.

4) An ALAN frame from the mid 1970s. I wrote to ALAN to confirm the date. This is Aluminium rather than steel, but is a classic frame and very light. Fork is not original, and you could perhaps replace it with a steel one. Has 53/54 stamped on the frame, which I think refers to the seat/top tube measurements.
€90 plus postage.

Cheers,

Johnny

Campagnolo sounds good, tad big but might work, Ludo also sounds good

ALAN frame sounds like it would be cool to own but i don't really have any use or space for it, sadly

i would really prefer to see some good photo's of the frames before i even think about it

Hello,

I will try to sort some photos of the Ludo and the Compagno either on
Friday or at the weekend.

Cheers,

Johnny

I have a Fondriest Gara in a 53 that could work fine. Currently built up but its too small for me and would be happy to break it if you want it.
Pretty tidy and with a set of matching chromed (but pitted) forks, would make a nice commuter £50 for the frameset inc bb seatpost and headset, or PM me for info on its current state.

Frame look just like this one :)
Cheers

I am interested in the Fondriest, can we talk by phone?, I'm on 07599 476 303 but its off during the day times as I work in a hospital or send me your number and I'll bell you when I get a break.

thanks, Adam

Back