My 19.5" old Curly (Vibrant Triangle) Hetchins.

the45rooster

Dirt Disciple
Hi to you all out there.
I am looking for the whereabouts of my old Hetchins Curly.
It was a very small frame with rather plain lug-work.
It was originally built as a track frame but I had the removed and the rear stays opened out for a 5speed block.
The forks that were on it were not original and were fully chromed and with a lamp boss. The last time I saw the bike it was Black with Hetchins on in gold.
The bike is/was not stolen,I sold it and would be interested in knowing where it is.

Thank You.

You haven't given too many clues...

when did you sell it?
Frame number?

With the latter you could try the register.

Roadking.

roadking":32wt8h3l said:
You haven't given too many clues...

when did you sell it?
Frame number?

With the latter you could try the register.

Roadking.

Hi roadking. Yes,the Hetchins in question was originally built as a track frame but unless stripped of paint you would not know. The stays were opened out for a 5speed Regina block. The lugwork was quite simple/plain by some Hetchins adornment. The frame number was H105 and was only on the bottom of the BB. I sold it in 1967 after getting married. Big mistake,I might still have had the bike. The wife is now Ex Wife since 1992.

Go over to hetchins.org and contact Len Ingram... He is the holder of the hetchins register and may be able to help you out. When I was researching mine, he was very helpfull!
Good luck with your search.... I would never sell mine :0)

stedlocks":3jcggh8u said:
Go over to hetchins.org and contact Len Ingram... He is the holder of the hetchins register and may be able to help you out. When I was researching mine, he was very helpfull!
Good luck with your search.... I would never sell mine :0)

Hi steadlocks. I am familiar with Len Ingram and have in fact spoken with him on the telephone regarding my old frame.
I think that it is a matter of trawling the various cycle forums as I have done for a number of years now.
It could well be part of something else by now having been damaged and not repaired and then down to a tip somewhere.

Hetchins.

Obviously you've spoken to Len and your frame number is not on the register?

I guess this frame number is a lateish Hetchins - by that I mean a"Latin": the reason for asking is that mine is a pre-Latin and the frame number is on the rear dropout, not on the BB.

I'd never sell mine either - bought new in 1947 by my Grandad, and will appear in the Hetchins gallery in the new year after the restoration is completed.

Roadking.

Re: Hetchins.

roadking":13urxjnm said:
Obviously you've spoken to Len and your frame number is not on the register?

I guess this frame number is a lateish Hetchins - by that I mean a"Latin": the reason for asking is that mine is a pre-Latin and the frame number is on the rear dropout, not on the BB.

I'd never sell mine either - bought new in 1947 by my Grandad, and will appear in the Hetchins gallery in the new year after the restoration is completed.

Roadking.

Hi Roadking. Len found a reference to my frame after firstly having no luck. The fame was a 1937 built model and the number was on the bottom bracket only.
The bike was stolen just after I had it converted with road drop-outs and the original double crown front forks had gone missing.
The only remaining ID was the H108 on the BB shell.
The bike was originally a dull maroon colour,I had it Stove Enamelled black. It was pinched and badly scratched when I got the frame back.
I rebuilt it with a pair full chromed front forks and all of the top gear of the day (1964) then sold it in the Summer of 1967.

Crikey 1937!

Understand why it is a loss to you...sold in 67...40 odd years ago.

I guess small Hetchins are quite rare too?

My '47 Super Special is well insured - SSs are rare, mine a little more so as it has a few features Len had not seen before.

Regards, Roadking.

Crikey 1937!

Understand why it is a loss to you...sold in 67...40 odd years ago.

I guess small Hetchins are quite rare too?

My '47 Super Special is well insured - SSs are rare, mine a little more so as it has a few features Len had not seen before.

Regards, Roadking.

Back