Raleigh team banana or team Panasonic bike or frame

adscan

Devout Dirtbag
I am after either a complete bike or frame + forks. Team banana or team Panasonic. Ideally 57cm seat tube. Anything considered.

Hi adscan :) "That's a huge gulf in class my friend in the 2 bikes you mention" Just curious as to your own awareness of this :) The Panasonic to my knowledge is a seriously well made & beautiful bike, highly sought after in top condition, the latter, 10 a penny on Ebay for £10-£20.

I owned a Falcon team banana for a while before shipping it up to Scotland as a collectors piece. I mention this because it was 10 times the quality of bike that a Raleigh banana was. Curious request my friend thats all :) God luck in your hunt, yours Laz.

There was a Raleigh Banana built in 531c with Shimano 1050 groupset, actually theres been a spat of them on eBay lately. Then of course you may strike gold and find a 753 Banana built for the pro team....

Thinking about it you have to be careful with the Panasonic one too as these were built in hi-ten, 501, 531 & 753.

Any pics nick?

I am looking for the lower end 18-23 tubing in either Panasonic or banana colours.
Should of made that clearer.

adscan":t2egp91h said:
I am looking for the lower end panasonic not the high end Reynolds tubing. Standard tubing with the team Panasonic design.

Sounds like your after a Raleigh Cadet then :)

RooKilo":30sjsf2u said:
adscan":30sjsf2u said:
I am looking for the lower end panasonic not the high end Reynolds tubing. Standard tubing with the team Panasonic design.

Sounds like your after a Raleigh Cadet then :)

Yes....cadet. Didn't know it was called that. :LOL:

Any cadets out there in 57. Let me know.

Tel":2dwlv6xn said:
There was a Raleigh Banana built in 531c with Shimano 1050 groupset, actually theres been a spat of them on eBay lately. Then of course you may strike gold and find a 753 Banana built for the pro team....

Thinking about it you have to be careful with the Panasonic one too as these were built in hi-ten, 501, 531 & 753.

501 framed Team Corsa (Panasonic) on eBay at this time - 22 mins to run - if you want something decent but have a tight budget.

Roadking

Thanks for all the extra info on the 2 types RK / Roo, really appreciate it :) As you both know I'm not "up on Raleighs" but have seen way too many of the low end bananas to not cringe when I see another. All that said I spied 1 tother day on fleabay that was "really wierd". I knew it was something, but couldn't get my head past the raleigh and the banana bit, so walked away.

I'm wiser now though chaps, thanks :)

PS: sorry for the post hijack adscan :)

Back