French headset

little jim

Devout Dirtbag
Does anyone have the top to a french threaded headset that they want to get rid of? I need the bit that screws onto the steerer tube primarily but if you've got a whole headset that you don't want I'll take it.
Not looking to spend much so quality doesn't matter, as long as the bearing surface is intact and not pitted.
Cheers

Headset

Hi, at the bottom of my spares box is a complete 1" threaded headset which I removed from a Peugeot. It is heavy and chromed. I can check tomorrow and see if there's any thread info stamped on it.

How about £6 posted to the UK should it be what you want?

If the threading is right then I'm definitely interested. If it's come from a peugeot originally then it should be fine.

Just had a look, there's no thread info to be seen. I removed this from a Peugeot Etoil which I think was a low/mid range bike from the 80's.

The bearings and races [including the bottom race] look fine under the congealed grease. The chrome is in good order with only spanner marks showing on the top lock nut.

Sounds good to me mate. Its going back on a Peugeot anyway so In theory the threads should be right. Do you take paypal?

Don't send any money yet, I'll take it to the post on Wednesday, if the old battleaxe at the counter ordains that it is a package it will cost 4e to send, if on the other hand she decides it's a parcel the listed price is 24e and just not worth sending.
TBH these have been in my spares box since the last century and you could have them for Karma really.
I'll keep you up to date Wednesday evening.

Back