WANTED: 9-Speed STI brifters [NO LONGER REQUIRED]

if youre not too bothered what make/gruppo, you could use campag 10 speed levers (you would have redundant click). However, dont buy 2006-09 (ish) quickshift as they have an indexed front mech which will bugger you up

Hi pigman, are you sure?
Campag 10 speed pitch = 4.15mm
divided by Campag shift ratio of 1.5 gives 2.8mm cable travel per click
multiplied by Shimano mech shift ratio of 1.7 gives 4.7mm cage travel per click
which doesn't match Shimano 9-speed pitch=4.35mm
(figures from the CTC website).

yes, I'm sure, Ive done it myself, totally successful. What I didnt tell you tho, is that where the cable clamps at the rear mech, you twist the plate thru 90 deg and wrap the cable around it... poor wording I know ... Its known as the hubbub mod (google it) and the ctc website probably makes reference to it, if not provides a photo. When you see a photo you'll know what I mean. It alters the cable pull ratio of the mech.

Thanks, but that mod isn't possible on the rear mech in question.
Interesting that a 10-speed shifter works better than a 9-speed, if that is what you are implying.

Ultegra Shifters

Hi, I have a "pair" of Ultegra 3 X 9 brifters. The left is 6501 and the right 6500 complete with a spare pair of black hoods. The only difference is that 6501 is Flight Dec comptable, once fitted you can't tell the difference.

The front face plates are missing [can be bought on ebay] and they are definately very very scruffy. Look at this way no one will ever steal your bike!

To Shimanos credit they work perfectly.

I'll guess at £40 including postage to the UK.

Back