WTD Mavic helium/ classic pro wheelsets

Shame, I've got some mint Helium clinchers, in fact the rear is unused.
Pm me if they might be of interest

I was up at Paul Hewitt's earlier in the year looking for some tubular rims - he took me into his store and there, dusty and unloved were a pair of NOS 28H Helium rims! Got the pair for a decent price and they're now resplendent on my CX race bike. Built them with a pair of red anodised Rotaz hubs, CX rays, DT Revs, red alloy nipples and they weight 1300g. He hasn't any more, but they do come up on ebay now and again.

monty dog":31efbmx2 said:
I was up at Paul Hewitt's earlier in the year looking for some tubular rims - he took me into his store and there, dusty and unloved were a pair of NOS 28H Helium rims! Got the pair for a decent price and they're now resplendent on my CX race bike. Built them with a pair of red anodised Rotaz hubs, CX rays, DT Revs, red alloy nipples and they weight 1300g. He hasn't any more, but they do come up on ebay now and again.
That's impressive

Yes, rims are 350g, hubs 292g and spokes + nipples are 300g. I only weight 62kg so maybe not recommended for heavy riders. Flatted my front tub on the first lap of their first race but they survived the half-lap back to the pits.

monty dog":3u830j3r said:
Yes, rims are 350g, hubs 292g and spokes + nipples are 300g. I only weight 62kg so maybe not recommended for heavy riders. Flatted my front tub on the first lap of their first race but they survived the half-lap back to the pits.
I'm 100kg & find heliums clinchers fine but they are standard spec.

Back