Cheap loop frame girls bike

SantaHul

Retro Guru
Hi I'm trying to get a loop frame bike for my brothers girlfriend as a birthday present. The problem is I need it on the sooper cheap and it needs to be very small. She's 5' so I think I need around a 13" to 14"? Probably have to be 20" wheel or something.

Her birthday was last week but I was so poor that I couldn't get her anything :( Been paid now but still don't have a lot. I'm not sure what exactly she likes but she commented to my brother that she really liked a bike they saw at a vintage bike race. Apparently it was a girls bike and very old fashioned but the bike was new, they were told it was quite a well known brand so I'm guessing a Pashley.

My plan is to get a cheap 3-speed loop frame bike, get it powder coated black then stick a basket it on it and clean it up. Any help would be very much appreciated as she always puts loads of effort into my presents and I feel bad that I missed her day.

Don't mind travelling or anything. Not fussed about frame condition as I'll be getting it powder coated.

i have a couple of juvenile girl french bikes, maybe too small for you though..pm me if your interested

Dead Rats":20040a1l said:
the bikes with 26 x 1 3/8" wheels should be ok, like a Raleigh Caprice

on second thoughts I used to have a vintage ladies bike with 24" wheels - could be better still

Back