Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: WANTED road bike
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:14 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

im looking at getting a road bike my budget is approx £300
im 5ft 10" (not sure with frame sizing so hopefully someone can help)
im based on the Suffolk/Essex border,

thanks Adrian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi..Adrian i could do you a complete rebuild of one of my many retro/vintage road bikes i have for under your budget and include full bike courier service of £21.50.
The bike would be a complete rebuild with all new lube,bearings and cabling.
I have two Raleigh Sprints 60cm and and 57cm frame that are Reynolds 501 tubing with some very nice parts(campagnola mechs and shifters,wienmann alloy wheels).Hubs,crankset,wienmann brakes and levers in gold, that may be suitable for you.
I also have a 60cm coventry eagle which i think is reynolds 501 frame and forks.
Too many bikes to go through but if you let me know what size frame you are after i can see which ones are suitable for you and if you like one and we agree on a price i will do a complete rebuild.
I will upload pics of the suitable bikes on photobucket for you to look through when you get back to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:59 am 
Retro Guru

Hi Adrian :-) I can help you with this if you like ? Check this post I made last week for a guy needing a bike in a hurry :-) PM me if you like what you see, I have a few others to dispose of in the coming weeks. My best to you, yours Anthony aka Laz.

edit: you're looking for an approximate frame size of 54cm, 55cm, 56cm. It all depends on your inside leg size basically. I am only 6' tall but my inside leg is that of someone 6'3" so I ride large frames mostly circa 58cm-60cm, but I do own a bike that is a 56cm which I like because it forces me down into a race position in order to to get comfortable. Later buddy, yours Laz.

Post subject: bike wanted
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:58 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

hi thanks for all of the advice,im sorry but im actually looking for a modern bike(i should have put this on my wanted advert)oops