campagnolo 50th an

Hi Nick :) What's your budget buddy ? These aren't going to be cheap as I'm sure you know. Currently around £350 -£500 a pair and that's IF you can find them. Price is governed by whoever wants to sell them, since there's not many places you can go. Demand well out-strips supply.

I maybe able to source them for you, hence needing to know your budget :) Will talk more if you're serious about wanting them, yours Laz.

EDIT: I can get you a pair of Campagnolo 50th complete wheels on Nisi rims, 6speed block, second hand but excellent condition almost NOS, 9 out of 10, to your door, 10 day turn around, :oops: £375 :oops: That should read 375 Euros (about £310) apologies. Need to know in the next 24hrs, yours Laz.

Another Edit : Here are some pics :) Enjoy

Attachments

• campag50th wheels1.jpg
    campag50th wheels1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 998
  • campag50th wheels2.jpg
    campag50th wheels2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 997
  • campag50th wheels3.jpg
    campag50th wheels3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 996
  • campag50th wheels.jpg
    campag50th wheels.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 995
The front hub & rims.

Attachments

• campag50th wheels5.jpg
    campag50th wheels5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 994
  • campag50th wheels6.jpg
    campag50th wheels6.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 993
  • campag50th wheels4.jpg
    campag50th wheels4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 992
Hi again Nick :) I see you've read my PM from early am. today, but the post you made here remains silent my friend. "More expensive than you thought perhaps ?"

OR just deep in thought ? These wheels are still available, but for how much longer is anybodies guess. I'll let this post roll for a while longer, then if there is no response from you I'll offer them around in here.

I would rather these found a home from within here, than elsewhere. I have found them by shear chance after reading your request, and know from experience that trying to acquire "odd parts of registered limited edition kit is very hard indeed".

This is the main problem with Campag 50th, it sells mainly as a complete numbered group and it is rare that odd parts surface on their own. Decent run of the mill Campagnolo Chorus/Record/SR cost upwards of £120 now and rightly so IMHO. Later Nick, yours Laz.

Not High Pressure sales Wynn, just a high pressure situation for the person who wants probably the hardest wheels to track down, but at a good price :) I'm just the honest messenger who bothered his ass to even read his post, then spend 5hrs looking for them worldwide.

Thankfully its not my situation, its his. But they are there now, but don't know how long at that price. In about 3hrs I'll reveal their location and no doubt someone will snap them up ..... if they are in the market for 50th anniversary kit that is. Just feel the guy deserves a chance to get in there first, maybe he'll even get lucky and find some on the cheap, but I doubt it :roll:

A simple rear mech will cost about 180Euros / £150, that puts them in perspective. I've not seen a set of wheels come up in 3yrs. Plenty of other 50th kit, just not a set of wheels. Right now wheels are highly sought after, just bog standard run of the mill campy's are being devoured. That's just the way it is right now :)

I missed a frame a while back that was a limited edition Contini, and by the time I got back to it 24hrs later t'was well gone ... on its way to the States. Sometimes as a collector/renovator that's what you're up against, worldwide competition.

Later buddy, and don't let the pressure get to you, there's always plenty of Mavic out there :) (my favourite brand right now) yours Laz.

Should anybody wish to acquire these wheels they are here :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180738421534

Based in Italy, they are BIN for £175 (as the rate stands). Having emailed the seller the postage is now "only 50euros" to the UK. Tracked/ insured. It would seem that postage was actually 90euros in his listing, but I mistook his listing which showed both a bid price & a BIN price. Anyways, its a confirmed 50euros now :)

Just under 2 days left but it is a buy it now. Good luck to anyone who can use 50th anniverary. Yours Laz.

PS: here is the sellers response to my question

Hi there,
it isn't necessary to use an insurence when we have a couriers.
The delivery is for 2-3 days and everything is traceable with the code of the pack
I'll give all prices with the name of the service:

QPE (quick pack) - 50,42 euro

EMS (Express Mail Service) - 49,41 euro

Paccocelere Internazionale - 72,60 euro

There is one more service for 10 days and cost 30,00 euro, but it is not traceable but always safe

I think that the EMS is most cheaper,fast and safe service.

I hope I was useful

Best regards

- liberarty_it

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hey Laz,
i've got some mavic hubs for sale if interested?
28H currently laced to hardly used wolber tubs.
Cheers
J

Hi Muther :) I was desperate for all things Mavic a while back and a twist of fate got me 2 pair of mavic hubs and a pair of Mavic 501's built onto MA40's mint condition, a rear mech and now it looks like my "starfish" has finally been acquired, so thanks for the offer, but I'm almost there now on the Mavic stuff :)

I am a Campagnolo person through & through, but it just wasn't working right on my Turbo Mecacycle. Started to appreciate the pure beauty of the Mavic stuff and realised that the Meca wanted to be kitted out in French parts (it told me this after making me get a french campag BB & headset grrr). Mavic is so damned good to look at, and those hubs are as smooth as Record hubs. Dunno about the longevity, but so smooth & effortless.

Later my friend, yours Laz.

Back