steel frame retro road bike wanted

bobo

Dirt Disciple
Looking for a steel framed 56-58cm road bike,perhaps with modern components added,but not necessary,i'm located in exeter,devon.

How retro are you looking for? My mate has got a 60's Holdsworth that he is thinking of getting rid of. He normally rides a 56cm. He lives in Nottingham but goes down to St Austell regularly. If you're interested and want some pics, let me know and i'll pop around to his and get some.

richmog08 said:
How retro are you looking for? My mate has got a 60's Holdsworth that he is thinking of getting rid of. He normally rides a 56cm. He lives in Nottingham but goes down to St Austell regularly. If you're interested and want some pics, let me know and i'll pop around to his and get some.[/q
I'll take a look if you've got some pics and see what i think,i was thinking of something from the70's or 80's but you never know !!.

Hi Bobo :) What sort of budget my friend ? Currently offloading several frames, bikes, bits. I've got bikes ranging in price from £800 down to £160 . Yours Laz.

I will be getting rid of my 531 Competition Sirius soon.57 c/top of seat tube with a mix of Veloce 9spd Ergo kit.
6155613782_86ca3139b1_z.jpg

This was it built up for some Audax's this summer but with better kit.I am down in Camborne but can post no problem.

OK Bobo, it looks to me asthough you really do want a bike :) I currently have a Raleigh LUXE 531c 57cm BB - toptube centres. 10mm bigger than you're looking for, but if your leg length is 29-30 inches inside then a 57cm will be absolutely fine. You won't have to drop the saddle onto the toptube (crossbar) to ride it.

I only acquired it recently (2 weeks ago). It has served its purpose for what I bought it for. (some parts). As she stands she is in very good condition as a "rider". This means she has the odd scrape and decal loss, but, she is a remarkabley smooth ride, effortless to get going.

I had some one interested in her, but that is only a maybe.

Proposition: I will re-build the bike to a high Campagnolo specification, re-work the paint work back to NOS standards for your budget OR you can take her as she is fitted mainly with period correct Shimano 600 and Shimano 105 parts. She is here, already to ride, just needs a bum & some legs to get the best out of her.

I make the propostion incase you desire something "already made/restored". I can equally source the missing Shimano 600 parts and rework the paint & decals. I shall post you some pics if you like the sound of having her as is OR rebuilt for you back to her original state OR campagnolo throughout. Either brands will be stunning when complete.

The paint job I have in mind would be to restore her original colours, perhaps with the join lines being solid not fade. Just make the odd tweak to bring her colours up to date. You'd never know I'd been there. Original 531c decals will remain in place untouched (the paint in these areas is 100% OK) . When done, a full 3 coat & polished lacquer will make her like new again. Some new large Raleigh Decals for the top tube is all that is necessary.

This should give you something to think about :) My best to you Bobo, yours Laz.

PS: a discussion I held about her can be found here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167738

Retro bike

Hi mate, got a Reynolds 753 Dave Lloyd Concept 90 equipped with either Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed ultrashift or 11 speed Athena and either training wheels or Campagnolo Eurus or Neutrons.
Very nice frame, just been resprayeda metallic grey and looks like new again - frame is originally a 1997 model - it was probably well ahead of its time as its made in the style of a modern compact frame with a sloping top tube - Virtual top tube is 55cm, please pm if you are interested , cheers Andy.

retro frame

I've got some NOS frames in your size:

1. Gazelle CM Aa special frame 531C , 58 cm c-t, 300 euro
SAM_0945.jpg

2. Gazelle Formula Race, Reynolds 525, 58 cm c-t, 250 euro
SAM_0951.jpg

3. Gazelle CM AA special frame Reynolds 531C 57 cm c-t, 300 euro
SAM_0934.jpg

4. Gazelle CM AA special frame Reynolds 531C 58 cm, 300 euro
SAM_0954.jpg

5. Jan Janssen, VITUS 979 frame, 57,5 cm c-t 275 euro
SAM_0928.jpg

All frames brandnew, NOS, shipping costs included

ive got a gitane in that size..nothing as flash as whats already been posted but still pretty nice, pm me if your interested

Back