1'' ISO Threaded Headset (or just bottom cup) Chrome/Silver

tom_d

Dirt Disciple
1'' ISO Threaded Headset Chrome/Silver, nothing to spendy (sub £10) I only actually want it for the bottom cup. Condition just needs to be usuable. Anyone got anything in there spares box?

Need's posting to Birmingham

Cheers

HI,

Do you need the bottom cup from the frame or forks?? I have a load of spare parts in the garage i can have a look thro if you want.
Cheers
Craig

Sorry not got any 1" spares, however do have 2 bikes that i am stripping down that both have 1" headsets. If you dont have any luck by the weekend I may be able to help.
Cheers
Craig

Hi Tom :) "Are you sorted on this yet buddy ?" Got what you're after here .... in abundance. £5 to your door.

TIP: be careful with 1inch push-fit stuff for headsets. The lower headset parts you are after have slight differences in size for the part that sits on your forks. Campagnolo's are very tight on some forks and need the forks polishing down to get them to fit. Equally some forks are loose fitting on the same headset part.

Don't know what the differences are in size, we are talking thousands of an inch, but I have split a Campag on a set of forks, and had a Shimano slopping round on the same forks.

Slopping causes the bike to shudder when you brake because the headset is ever so slightly slack. Some folk use aluminium foil to fill the slack. Don't want to overly concern you, just bring it to your attention :)

Had most of my headset troubles with old Raleighs ? Perhaps someone in here can put all this info in better context with their wisdom :) Take care, yours Laz.

Cheers for the response - I've got a 1'' ISO cup winging it's way over to me from another forum member as we speak - So I'll wait to try that one out first and see how it goes.

Back