Wanted - Cinelli 1R stem 'faceplate'

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
After the little black winged Cinelli logo as per the attached photo (I've seen it described as a faceplate but that conjures images of an ahead stem type front loader, at least in my mind).

A long shot, but wondering if anyone has one spare, from an otherwise knackered stem perhaps?

Attachments

• 1r.jpg
    1r.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 668
That is a 1R. I think the one you're looking for is for XA. Maybe they're the same though.

I don't have a badge, but make sure you get the correct type. The one in the photo is the smaller, hard plastic version. It clips into the hole. I've seen them available NOS on ebay a couple of times.
There is another type, larger and with a rubbery texture. I believe this is the more common type. It is glued into the stem, not clipped in.

I have XA stems with both types, so check which yours is before buying!

Andy

I have a very old one that predates the winged logo, if that's any good. Came on the stem that's currently on my Gios, which I bought NOS and swapped the badge for the "winged" type. If you need it for a late-70s frame, this would be more correct than the winged one.

I've also seen some early 80's photos of 1A stems with a badge. Not featured on Velobase.

Back