might need a chainset (late '70s cotterless 52/42)

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Having a bit of bother with a Sugino No.6 chainset I've fitted to my late '70s Sun - when you rotate it, the rings move approx 3-4mm from side to side :shock: think there must've been a big wallop?

Anyway, just seeing what's put there, ideally a nice 3 or 5 arm late 1970s cotterless affair with 52/42 rings or thereabouts... thinking Brit, Jap, German or French - Campag not right for the build. Must be in good working order with life in the rings, happy to clean and polish a mucky / lightly scratched one ;)

What you got? If the BCD of your cranks is 130 then I have a 52 ring here. I also have plenty of c/rings bolts... anything to keep costs down!

Many thanks,
Alex

I've got a lightweight chainset, fluted arms similar to the campag super record 'copy cranks that were kicking around at the time I believe. I think it's made by THUN but can't be sure.
52/42 rings in very good order 170mm length.
If it might be of interest I'll take some pics and email them.

tonyf39":27dqjxgt said:
I've got a lightweight chainset, fluted arms similar to the campag super record 'copy cranks that were kicking around at the time I believe. I think it's made by THUN but can't be sure.
52/42 rings in very good order 170mm length.
If it might be of interest I'll take some pics and email them.

Hi Tony, sounds good - could you please email pics and a posted price to:

phush1 AT gmail DOT com

I have good experience of Thun components so looking fwd to checking it out - main thing is that the rings are laterally straighter than mine... such as shame as the cranks quite suit the build buy hey ho...

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... a&Enum=115

Back