Steel Forks

team_lard

Devout Dirtbag
Just got a Peugeot Pro-Am, frame only. Metallic grey with orange highlights.

I'll need a fork with a lonnnnnng steerer. Bit of a long shot but has anyone got anything suitable?

Don't really know much detail about 80s Peugeots. Looks to be that 'internal lugged' construction they favoured around that time. Its going to need a seatpost, anyone know what size to look for?

All advice welcome . . .

luv'n'stuff

John

How long is lonnnnnng? I have some chromed ones off a Koga-Miyata with (I think) a 210mm steerer. I'll check when I get home and take some pictures if that's about right.

Mark.

anyone know what size to look for?

your LBS will stick a vernier in the tube...if you can get a NOS post all the better as the accumulative error of old post plus maybe a bit ovalised tube etc. can result in the right sized post not tightening enough ( personal experience )
'Bankrupt bike parts' on ebay are a good source... :)

daccordimark":376jbbji said:
How long is lonnnnnng? I have some chromed ones off a Koga-Miyata with (I think) a 210mm steerer. I'll check when I get home and take some pictures if that's about right.

Mark.

If that's threaded that may be about right.

Prolly best to wait for the frame to land.

By the end of the week if I'm lucky.

I'll get back to you . . .

daccordimark":25yufqkb said:

Mark.

OK this frame is heeeyyyoooooge! The head tube is 200mm alone.

My guess is I'm going to need at least 235mm - that's threaded.

Sloping crown, 50mm brake drop, chromed, mudguard eyes. wotcha got?

What does the panel think?

general rule of thumb is headtube length + 40mm. 235 might restrict you to something with a lower stack height. If you sit upright and want to add spacers, then add 40mm plus.

team_lard":1hpdlh0o said:
daccordimark":1hpdlh0o said:

Mark.

OK this frame is heeeyyyoooooge! The head tube is 200mm alone.

My guess is I'm going to need at least 235mm - that's threaded.

Sloping crown, 50mm brake drop, chromed, mudguard eyes. wotcha got?

What does the panel think?

In that case mine are way too short - only 195mm as it turns out.

Mark.

I've bought a right bag o'sh1te here.

Anyone know what size seatpost I should be looking for? I tried a 25.4 and it won't fit. The neck of the seat tube is waisted in at the top, it looks to be about 24mm but that can't be right, can it? Shirley?

So. On top of needing a fork with a steerer over 250mm long, I now need a seatpost that no bugger makes.

I'm beginning to see why the bloke sold it so cheap . . .

Anyone want it for 20 quid posted? It's a cracker if you've got the right bitz!

Back