Wtd - Nice 26.4 Seatpost - Sorted

ken_shields

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi all

I need a nicer seatpost for my Koga as I've finally sorted the seating position.

So here's what I need.

It has to be

26.4mm diameter

Setback

Silver - shiny is good (might consider black anodised as I can strip it and polished it)

Needs to be long enough for 170mm of post (from top of seat tube to seat rails) to be out of the frame

Please mail me on ken_shields@btopenworld.com as I can't always get on here during the day

Cheers

Ken

doh, didn't look at the length. I bought a NOS fluted ITM not that long back so they do come up from time to time. There's obviously some really expensive campagnolo ones if you've £60-£70 to spend :LOL:

Thanks Tony

I missed a perfect one one the bay because I went to bed and it had been "bought now" while I was sleeping.

There's a Stronglight one on there in the US of A which looks like it might fit the bill but there is no length on the ad so I'll have to mail him and ask how long it is

The problem is that most posts are only long enough to have about 120mm poking out of the frame and I need approx 170mm.

I see your from letchworth. I work at the Spirella building by the station :)

ken_shields":36zz7lkc said:
Thanks Tony

I missed a perfect one one the bay because I went to bed and it had been "bought now" while I was sleeping.

There's a Stronglight one on there in the US of A which looks like it might fit the bill but there is no length on the ad so I'll have to mail him and ask how long it is

The problem is that most posts are only long enough to have about 120mm poking out of the frame and I need approx 170mm.

I see your from letchworth. I work at the Spirella building by the station :)
Yeah, that's a bummer when that happens.... of course I meant working at Spirella as opposed to missing out on the seatpost :LOL:
Hopefully not with those turds 'we don't listen to the residents because we're unaccountable so there and can pay ourselves inflated salaries and ruin the town centre at great (wasteful) expense and do we still care, nah nah nah nah nah, Heritage Foundation' :evil: ;) :LOL:

There's plenty of modern examples with plenty of length but I guess you're wanting something a bit more classy like :cool:
Have you had a look on ebay France, some of the older peugeots had 26.4 (mine does..lol) also maybe check out London fixed gear website and put a 'wanted' ad up.
good luck

What a pity! I have a spare one.

I'm currently living in London but I can´t send it to you because I left my bikes and components in birthtown.

Polished & seatback 26,4mm seatposts are really hard to find. Keep me updated, perhaps I will come back to Spain in a few months.

BTW mine is 350mm lenght & 245 g. with some scratches (not many if you usually put deep inside your seatpost).

Tony

I don't work for the heritage foundation but for Willmott Dixon one of the residents of Spirella so we too have to put up the crap level of service from them.

I have a silver Kalloy one at the moment so am in no rush to get one so I'll wait until the right one comes along

Fernando hopefully you'll be back in touch soon with news and pics of the post you have back in sunny Spain

Cheers

Ken

Back