Campag Headset Top Nut. Airlite Cones. Gran Sport Derailleur

Cheesedisease

Senior Retro Guru
Campagnolo Headset Top/Lock nut, steel.

To suit headset below...
Came with a huge spacer and alloy Galli top nut (free to anyone who can use it).
Also, if anyone can identify the model that would be useful too.
I presumed it is a 70s(?) Sport/Gran Sport Headset as it has only two flats on the upper adjusting cup.
I compared it to another GS one I have though and the cups on this are a bit bigger and are not engraved on any of the visible surfaces.
Definitely Campagnolo though, does have some small markings.

headset.jpg

Airlite Cone or cones or even complete axle - rear hub - fixed/fixed

Still looking for the above so I can build the wheels for my Rotrax.
A single cone, pair or even axle set would be good.
Received differing opinions if these are actually proprietary or not.
I have a selection of old imperial cones that so far haven't provided a great fit. But then they've been a bit worn.

Campagnolo Gran Sport Front Derailleur - in good - v. good condition

Will be for my 1952 Claud Butler 'New All Rounder'.
Just left with the frame, hubs for this now, so more of a long term 'want' as I have another bike to finish first.
A 1953 model ideal as the frame is Dec 52 and I have a '53 rear (I think!) But probably happy with any 1950s GS model, but not a later Valentino Model.

Mafac Half Hoods. Red

Got some black, still half looking for some some red. May consider a swap. Although would prefer to buy.

It certainly looks like a GS headset to me, which don't have any engravings as far as I'm aware.

Can't help with the parts but will add looks like an enviable build!

Thanks for the reply Tel. Yes, excited to put this bike together, but could be a slow process!

The other early 70s (nuovo) GS one I have is engraved on the top surfaces of cup and lock nut. velobase entry. It also has a very low stack height, 33mm-34mm, which is why I needed it, for a very short steerer. Similar to early pista ones in that aspect. This one is kind of like a cross between an early strada (no engravings) and same size, shape, style of cups and with larger stack. But with the two flats of the GS.

Anyway, pedantic really!
I'm sure there are lots of 'hybrid' and random Camapagnolo parts not in the catalogues. It came with the bike and look brand new, certainly very nice and will do the job!

Back