Sorted

forcutty

Dirt Disciple
I need a better one;) don't really want a 7spd as it'll mess the indexing up.
But has anyone got anything :?:

6 speed are become scarce. You can however turn the individual sprockets around to prolong their life. Your best bet though is probably to convert to 7 if you are not looking at an original refurb build.

You'll need a 7 speed cassette, body and shifters none of which should be too hard to find (you can adapt a modern 9 speed cassette to 7)

Already turned the sprockets around ;)
If any body has a good 7 cheap let me know!
or if anybody has a Shimano HG/UG freehub the ones that take both!!
Shifters too!!

Hi forcutty, not sure how your knees are but I have a 6 speed 13,15,16,17,18,19 cassette, fairly sure it's uniglide.

The top 5 sprockets are combined, then a spacer, then the last cog screws onto the external thread on the free hub.

It's been buried with its hub, FH-1050, 36 hole and the freehub feels ok.

No axle or bearings but the surfaces look ok and the cogs don't look worn at all.
£5 plus post, got a shock with 1st class recorded last time !

pm me your address if you want it sent.

Attachments

• P1000666.JPG
    P1000666.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,297
if the 15-19 part is a bit small, you can separate the cluster by unscrewing the 3 pins holding it together. Then, using your existing spacers, replace the bigger ones from the ad below and re-jig the order of the ones you have. Hope it makes sense. Apologies if you already knew this...

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=51885

Yeah HG sprockets won't fit unless you dremel them out ;)
Done this already but I need a new locking sprocket now too :cry:
Hopefully should be O.K with those from logdaddy

Don't panic, don't panic, Logdaddy is with it, just got this PITA job thing. Can't get surfing at work due to customers interupting.....

The six speed uniglide ensemble (hopefully) will be big ringing it down to you soon in the 13 sprocket, our knees cannea take it captain etc

Back