WTD: Campag BB

Fairyglass

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I've just got hold of a mid 80s Super Record groupset, but it's come with an Italian BB. I'm looking for ideally just a set of Campag cups for an English thread (assuming they'll fit with an Italian axle?) or a complete good condition Campag BB. I don't have measurements to hand, but can check tomorrow if necessary. It would be great to get this, as it's the last part I need to build a lovely mid 80's 653 frame, so any help would be appreciated!
Cheers,
Ben

English BB shells are 2mm thinner than Italian so the distance between the bearing races on the axle are different. I've got English BB cups and axle if you want to do a straight swap. Is your chainset pre '78 or post ?

Thanks for your reply. The axle's post 78. It's marked 70-SS and is 115mm long end to end, with 51mm between the outer edges of the flanges for the bearings. Cups are marked 36 x 24f.

Surfaces are pretty good- not perfect, but pitting is an absolute minimum and there's no significant signs of wear.

If you're up for a swap, that would be great- this is no use to me! Happy to cover your postage costs also, as you're helping me out. PM me with your address etc if you want to go ahead.

Thanks,
Ben

If you don't do a swap I could use an Italian one.I have an omas cartridge one I had in the viner you could of had.jm.

Back