French thread 116mm ISO axle bottom bracket

I should have some french threaded BB cups. Axles are the same as ENG threading (but some are different dependning on cup wall thickness). I don't have any actual french ones though. Probably shimano, campagnolo, and maybe zeus... let me know if interested and I can have a look and confirm

Re:

Hey Foz,

Thanks, I’ve generally not had a great deal of success swapping axles between brands but I feel it might be my easiest option with this. If you have a 116 ISO axle that will work with some cups that would be swell.

Ta.

OK, will have a look later and see what I can find. what chainset is it for? If I remember right, I mixed and matched shimano cups and a campag spindle on my nortelle and i works fine...

I've found some thin wall campagnolo cups and lockring in 35x1 thread, reasonable condition. No spindle yet though. Does Mavic take Shimano or campagnolo type?

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_172249.jpg
    IMG_20200715_172249.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20200715_172241.jpg
    IMG_20200715_172241.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 262
Re:

No worries, I’m not sure I can make it work with the available axles for thin cups anyway. Think I may bite the bullet and get the rather fancy one I’ve seen but thanks a lot for looking!

Ok, I had the same problem when I built my Nortel.le, ended up with Shimano cups and a campag spindle, c record chainset. Bike isn't used much if at all so I'm not too worried. If it was for using lots I'd find a sealed unit, or a threadless type

Back