1982 T.I Raleigh Refurb Parts Required

Robbo777

Retro Newbie
I inherited a 1982 T.I Raleigh, 531 tubing, Campagnolo dropouts, it has a sept 1982 frame number.

Most of the groupset parts have been changed and I’m not 100% what the bike would have had fitted originally.

I think it possibly could be Nuovo or Super Record as the gear levers look original as does the headset but would like it confirmed if possible.

If anyone has the correct parts that I need please let me know.

Re:

It sounds like the 531 Team Replica as in the 1982 Catalogue here ?

Attachments

• raleigh-catalogue-1982-featuring-jr178t-jan-raas-track-frame-page-1-and-2.jpg
    raleigh-catalogue-1982-featuring-jr178t-jan-raas-track-frame-page-1-and-2.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 990
Re:

Hi Robbo, I am in exactly the same predicament with a ‘Gran Sport’ I am restoring at the moment, a one owner bike that has had components replaced over the years. It’s the one next to yours in the catalogue!.
Interesting that yours had sprints fitted as standard, It would’ve been a really trick bike back in the day, and will be a great ride once you’ve completed it. Good luck with your resto and pursuit of parts bud.

Best regards Iain

We need pics of both your bikes!

Click on gran sport in my sig for full rebuild.

The History Man":2x0r2beh said:
We need pics of both your bikes!

Click on gran sport in my sig for full rebuild.

Thanks THM, Looking at the standard of your rebuild, I’d be way too embarrassed to post a picture of my tatty machine on here!.

Looking into colour matching to get the frame resprayed at the moment.

Re: Re:

bentleybez":1kx86ywc said:
Hi Robbo, I am in exactly the same predicament with a ‘Gran Sport’ I am restoring at the moment, a one owner bike that has had components replaced over the years. It’s the one next to yours in the catalogue!.
Interesting that yours had sprints fitted as standard, It would’ve been a really trick bike back in the day, and will be a great ride once you’ve completed it. Good luck with your resto and pursuit of parts bud.

Best regards Iain

Thanks Iain, the frame/forks are original paint as are the decals, unfortunately the top tube decal is worn and doesn’t really help the look of the bike.

I personally like originality and would rather not have it painted so I’m going to touch up a few chips, marks etc look into getting a replacement top tube decal and replace the non original parts fitted to it.

That’s the plan anyway but as we all know so well with refurbishments so times it never really goes to plan.

Re: Re:

Robbo777":2y2e6b8u said:
bentleybez":2y2e6b8u said:

Best regards Iain

Thanks Iain, the frame/forks are original paint as are the decals, unfortunately the top tube decal is worn and doesn’t really help the look of the bike.

I personally like originality and would rather not have it painted so I’m going to touch up a few chips, marks etc look into getting a replacement top tube decal and replace the non original parts fitted to it.

That’s the plan anyway but as we all know so well with refurbishments so times it never really goes to plan.

It’s a great find with original paint/decals, and as they say ‘it’s only original once’!!.

Back