SHIMANO DEORE XT CANTILEVER PARTS

Crabber

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I'm restoring a 1980 something Dawes Galaxy Twin Tandem which is fitted with Shimano Deore XT Cantilever brakes.

Whilst cleaning, the plastic spring retainer on the rear right unit shattered and I can't find a replacement anywhere.

Is there any one with such parts for these brakes or know of a source for them who is able to assist?

Thank you in anticipation.

Attachments

• IMG_7679.jpg
    IMG_7679.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7682.jpg
    IMG_7682.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7676.jpg
    IMG_7676.jpg
    921.9 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7674.jpg
    IMG_7674.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 347
legrandefromage":2idh63d0 said:
If no luck from here (you may want to try the MTB section as well) these may help

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-CANTI-L ... A&LH_BIN=1

Wow, thank you for you rapid response. I have ordered a set of these and I shall see how I go. I spent ages searchimg eBay but knowing exactly what to search for is the key. I'm very impressed and thanks again.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No worries!

Just remember that you may need to spend some time getting the spring positions right along with the tension adjuster (the tiny allen key bolt on the cantilever) to get everything centered and pulling properly.

Back