A bit of a seatpost...

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
I need the curved metal bit that sits between the post bolt and underside of the stem bit and so allows the adjustment and tensioning. Anyone got one spare or know where I can get that bit?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-26 20.04.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-26 20.04.46.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 486
Re:

You need to find a proper old school bike shop with boxes of tat out the back. Bribe them with biscuits,nice ones,and you might get lucky.
Some modernish posts have a similar shaped bit.

Re:

It’s not what you’re after but this bit would be useable a bit smaller than the original.

Attachments

• EEE4D165-543C-4F82-AF69-EE716E914CA3.jpeg
    EEE4D165-543C-4F82-AF69-EE716E914CA3.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 415
Re:

Well if you want the little bit then £2 posted. If you want everything it’ll cost more to post so £4 posted.

I only need the little bit. Would you like £2 hidden in a padded envelope, or I can post some nice biscuits...
...but I'd need to know if you're gluten intolerant, vegan, vegetarian, all/some/combination of so as not to offend.
Or I could just paypal you. But that seems like a lazy option.

Re:

I am vegetarian but saddly most biscuits are ok to eat. PayPal is lazy but fine. Carrying the amount in gold coins on a velvet cushion would be more satisfying though. I will pm you.

Re:

I would be interested to know if that serrated part works as a replacement for the original.

Not that I have a better alternative!

Back