Raleigh (BSA) forks, NOW SORTED! Thanks Goldie.

chickendrumsticks

Senior Retro Guru
Raleigh BSA forks wanted (to replace a damaged pair. For 700c wheel.

One inch steerer - threaded 26 (or 24?) TPI, 187mm long.

Fork rake 2", length from top of crown to tip of drop out 380mm.

Forged drop outs, preferably without mudguard eye. Colour unimportant. Up to £20 or so.

Some pictures for comparison:

Obviously don't have to be Raleigh if you have something similar. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• OUCH2.JPG
    OUCH2.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 789
  • OUCH1.JPG
    OUCH1.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 789
  • OUCH3.JPG
    OUCH3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 789
Re: Raleigh (BSA) forks, 1980 build

I have some forks belonging to an 80's BSA, so might be suitable? I remember that the steerer is quite a long one, but might still fall short si will have to measure. BTW the red paint of the fork is noticably sun faded, so probably requires a respray- so perhaps not suitable for you?

Re: Raleigh (BSA) forks, 1980 build

walkmanman":2li2a4a4 said:
I have some forks belonging to an 80's BSA, so might be suitable? I remember that the steerer is quite a long one, but might still fall short si will have to measure. BTW the red paint of the fork is noticably sun faded, so probably requires a respray- so perhaps not suitable for you?

Hi walkmanman - thanks for getting back to me so soon.

They sound just the job! Yes, please measure the steerer. Fading paint unimportant as bike will be resprayed. I look forward to hearing from you. Mudguard eyes or not? And does crown look similar? And please let me know how much you want - bearing in mind they'll have to be posted.

pm me if you prefer. Thanks

Back