Mafac Cantilever brake set and levers NOW SORTED!!

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
As it says on the tin...……
Had an idea and thought I would ask here first before venturing out into the wider world
I am after a set of Mafac cantilever brakes for front and rear for build I am about to begin.
Looking for either the long arm version or even the short arm Jacky style. Would need all the fittings if possible, straddle etc.
Also a decent set of levers with full hoods rather than the small half hoods, as my good set are already in the Jack Taylor box with the Mafac Racers and my spares are a bit too scruffy for this.
Not looking for too much really,
They can be found on most Unicorns ;)

Can buy or have some Weinmann 999 brakes for swaps etc.
Appreciate any help
Jamie

Thankfully there are some generous members with unicorns who have helped sort me out. Thanks one and all.

Jamie

Re: Mafac Cantilever brake set and levers

Hi Jamie We have a full set of Long Mafac cantis at rebike I will dig them out for you and get some pictures posted up
Clive

Hi Clive
That would be great if you could put up a couple of pics or send them to me. I know the long arms were generally for tandem builds but they are pretty powerful so thought they would be good on a tourer. Look forward to seeing them.

Reynoldsfan (Steve)
I have replied to the Pm :)

Thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated.

Jamie

Edited original post to show levers needed with full hoods rather than the small half hoods.

Thanks to all who have replied but still on the lookout :)

Jamie

Still looking :)

Clive, any pictures yet? Thanks ;)

Jamie

Hi all
Thanks for the replies and help as it is so far coming together nicely.
Martin has supplied a great set of Mafac 429 levers and hoods that were very nice and have come up brilliant with a quick wash and polish and Clive is organising some long arm cantilevers as we speak. So thanks all once again.
Due to now trying to put my Scot together also I am in need of a set of Mafac Racer centrepulls as my main set are on the Jack Taylor if any one has a set or knows where there may be a set for sale. Any leads much appreciated.
Thanks again, much appreciated.

Jamie

While Martins levers were great and ready to go I couldn't help having a clean and then polish. They came up a treat. Mafac 429's.
DSC_0302 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back