*** Dynamo front wheel *** Sorted now thanks :)

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
Pref 3v, 700c road (running 25's), black rim, rim braking, 32 spokes. Not that I'm fussy or anything ;)
Also looking for light set as well.

Re:

I did see earlier that Spa Cycles had XT dyno hubs on offer.

Re:

Yes I’ve slways wondered if modern led lights need 3w. I’ve just bought a 3w Shimano one. My third now. Never had any issues with them other than general wear and tear.

Re: Dynamo front wheel

richardshill":1zrof4wk said:
Bargainz. Need to understand if I can get by with 1.5w vs. 3...

If you're only running lights (modern LEDs) and not charging stuff from the dynamo then 1.5W should be enough according to the collective Internet wisdom especially with 700C wheels. IIRC the other difference between the XT and the cheaper Shimano ones is that it has an alloy axle as opposed to steel.

I would've bought the same hub if I hadn't thought charging would be useful. As it happens I've never used the charging port of my B&M front light in the first year of ownership.

Mark.

Re: Dynamo front wheel

I've got a complete front wheel with a Dynohub but it's a steel rim and probably a bit 'shot' so to say. However, it has lights etc. with it so could be built into another rim.

PM me if interested.

Re:

Cheers Old Ned, bought the Spa Cycles one (with a lamp upgrade) and it's doing ok right now. Apologies, should have amended the post to 'sorted'.

Back