Wanted Sachs Maillard freewheel removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midlife":2f6nboqa said:
If nobody pitches in here bankruptbikeparts often have odd removers in stock.

Thanks for this info will have a look. Have a good Christmas. :xmas-big-grin:

Midlife":1ic8s4ok said:
https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk/vintage-maillard-type-bike-freewheel-remover-mechanics-extractor-removal-tool-bbp2210464

The company have all sorts of stuff lol

Thanks again for your help. Ordered part, just hope it is tough enough to shift a well stuck freewheel. Maybe a vice and not a spanner job. :facepalm:

Do you need the freewheel? BITD we never guaranteed to remove a freewheel intact as there was always the option of removing the lock ring, ditching the cogs and using a vice to grip the remains of the body and removing it that way...

Midlife":1gc9qf85 said:
Do you need the freewheel? BITD we never guaranteed to remove a freewheel intact as there was always the option of removing the lock ring, ditching the cogs and using a vice to grip the remains of the body and removing it that way...

I agree it can never be guaranteed to remove the freewheel intact, and I do have a spare 5speed freewheel in stock. More concerned if I damage the thread, then a more costly job of replacing the wheel.

1988 Raleigh Routier 10

Just wanted to say thanks to Midlife. The freewheel removal tool arrived 2 days after order on Amazon. Great service considering only three days before Christmas. Ten minutes after delivery wheel was in the vice and freewheel removed with a little grunt. Thanks again for your information. Now just need a good condition Suntour Vx front mech for my ‘Mystery’ frame and a large chromed chainring guard for my Raleigh Routier. Merry Christmas :xmas-big-grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back