Wanted: Steel Road Bike For £200 Edinburgh

Lycanthropunk

Dirt Disciple
Due to a lack of storage space I vowed to be a one-bike man, but that didn't last long! After selling a couple of bits on eBay I have £200 to spend, and all I can think of is that I'm sure I could find a spare corner for a cheap 'n cheerful steel road bike.

So, does anyone have something half decent within my admittedly small budget and is local to Edinburgh? Something lightweight (for steel), and fast (or at least faster than a touring bike), ideally 57cm (but I can fit between 56-60cm). Any make/model considered.

Cheers! :)

Lycanthropunk":13dpbi8v said:
Due to a lack of storage space I vowed to be a one-bike man, but that didn't last long! After selling a couple of bits on eBay I have £200 to spend, and all I can think of is that I'm sure I could find a spare corner for a cheap 'n cheerful steel road bike.

So, does anyone have something half decent within my admittedly small budget and is local to Edinburgh? Something lightweight (for steel), and fast (or at least faster than a touring bike), ideally 57cm (but I can fit between 56-60cm). Any make/model considered.

Cheers! :)

Got a 57cm Cougar frame in the for sale section, along with a lot of components as well. I probably have everything you need bar wheels & shifters.

Feel free to fire me a PM if you want to discuss in more detail. Posting to Edinburgh is no issue.

MartinB123":1mdthbib said:
Got a 57cm Cougar frame in the for sale section, along with a lot of components as well. I probably have everything you need bar wheels & shifters.

Feel free to fire me a PM if you want to discuss in more detail. Posting to Edinburgh is no issue.

I'm looking for something i can jump on and ride off into the sunset right away because a) I am mechanically challenged (I can tinker, but need to pay an expert to build), and b) I know from previous bike builds that I always end up going over budget! Thank you anyway. Sounds like a good frame.

Back