57-58cm steel frameset

j_808

Dirt Disciple
I'm after a steel frameset with a budget of around £150 max.

Horizontal dropouts, one colour paint scheme

Please let me know what you have, based in London so may need shipping

Ive got a 'Chas Bland' 531c frame and forks. He was building frames for local racers in the South Glos, Bristol area.

It's abit big for me, I'm just over 5'10" so would suit someone an inch taller. Built as a 'crit' frame the bb is slightly higher to keep you pedalling through the corners. The lugs look to be cast all round, way too good looking for pressed ones, shot in rear stays and an aero fork crown. Wheelbase isn't stupid tight (2 finger gap)so it handles like a well put together steel frame should.

I managed to break a rear dropout when I broke an axle, he repaired it and I did the finishing...took an hour each side. Rode it a further 12 months without a problem before trading up to 653.

Looking for £100 plus post.

PM me an email and I'll send a load of pictures.

Comes with seatpost and headset, HS needs a clean and grease for sure.

Attachments

• Rolling chassis.jpg
    Rolling chassis.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 575
I'm selling the frame: Wilier Triestina probably - Modello Speciale 1976
size 58 cm cc seat tube
59 cc top tube
The fork is not original Wilier.

Attachments

• DSC_0439.JPG
    DSC_0439.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 776
Cougar Terry Dolan made frameset, headset, forks in white. No dents or nasty scratches, some paint damage from when the seatpost was removed chemically earlier in the year (dissolved the alloy seatpost, did not affect the steel).

In Reynolds 731os :)

I am also in London on Saturday...

Filovintage":2y8648be said:
I'm selling the frame: Wilier Triestina probably - Modello Speciale 1976
size 58 cm cc seat tube
59 cc top tube
The fork is not original Wilier.

How much?

Way2many":bbuh65i4 said:
Ive got a 'Chas Bland' 531c frame and forks. He was building frames for local racers in the South Glos, Bristol area.

It's abit big for me, I'm just over 5'10" so would suit someone an inch taller. Built as a 'crit' frame the bb is slightly higher to keep you pedalling through the corners. The lugs look to be cast all round, way too good looking for pressed ones, shot in rear stays and an aero fork crown. Wheelbase isn't stupid tight (2 finger gap)so it handles like a well put together steel frame should.

I managed to break a rear dropout when I broke an axle, he repaired it and I did the finishing...took an hour each side. Rode it a further 12 months without a problem before trading up to 653.

Pm'd you, can you let me know the seat tube ctc and upload pics when you get a chance. thanks

j_808":2nkioucn said:
Way2many":2nkioucn said:

Pm'd you, can you let me know the seat tube ctc and upload pics when you get a chance. thanks

Will do, its hanging in the garage at the mo...

I'll measure seat tube, top tube as ctc and total headtube length.

Back