1970's Track Pedals and Track Hub

Re:

40 Hole and pictured from it’s good side.

Attachments

• A3C837C0-0177-4E14-B61C-64FFAC58D226.jpeg
    A3C837C0-0177-4E14-B61C-64FFAC58D226.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 289
Hi Midlife, thanks for the heads up 're LFGSS forum. Good luck with your fixed projects.

Hi Torqueless, Track Pedals are the same as quill pedals without the quill part of the plates. Some people tried to convert their quill pedals into track pedals by hacksawing off the quill, like jm's example. What I'm after is a pair that has come out of the factory as track pedals.

Hi JM, thanks for the offer of the hub. What is the condition of the bearings and threads? What is the OLD? How much are you wanting for it? Is it double fixed, single fixed or fixed free? What make is it?

Thanks

Trevor

Re:

Well I’m not sure you asked for a 36 and this is 40 it was just by me when I read your reply. It’s an Airlight 110 oln double fixed with good bearings and thread but poor chrome,very.
Whst width is your frame.

Re:

Some people tried to convert their quill pedals into track pedals by hacksawing off the quill, like jm's example. What I'm after is a pair that has come out of the factory as track pedals.

Some people succeeded in converting their quill pedals into track pedals by removing the quill sufficiently artfully that hardly anybody would know they had not come out of the factory as track pedals.

Question is, would that be good enough for you? No judgement being made whichever way you would answer. You don't even need to answer. Just something to think about.. :)

Re:

Hi JM, I'm interested in that hub. Rim choice is more limited but they are not impossible to get. Any chance of some photos of the chrome?

Hi Torqueless, good point. If a pair of pedals had been so modified in a skillful and artful way then yes I would consider them for my build. Do you have such a pair?

Trevor

Just an observation but BITD we ground off the inner lip of road double cranks to make them into track cranks or TT jobbies :)

Re:

Do you have such a pair?
Well... it doesn't really matter whether or not I have a pair. If I do, it is one pair that I bought new forty years ago and which are usually attached to my bike.
The point I was making is that it is not that difficult to cut the quills off Campag/Campag copy pedals and shape the 'stubs' with needle files etc. Apart from a few square mm of chrome or anodising, what you end up with is '70s track pedals.
If you don't narrow your search to 'track, from the factory' there is presumably a far wider pool of pedals to choose from, because (I assume) Campag and their copyists produced and sold far more Strada pedals than Pista pedals.

Back