24.6 seat post (or close to!)

peetee

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for a post to fit a peugeot Monaco mixte. Measures 24.6 at 2" into the frame with no frame damage present so pretty accurate.

Re:

Have you tried just prising open the clamp at the back slightly, had the same problem on a 27.2 post a 27.0 was too small and the 27.2 went in about an inch the got really tight. Just gave the clamp a little wiggle and it slid in fine.

Re:

Yes, checked for that issue. No distortion in that area at all. From what I have read, these frames are a bit hit and miss when it comes to establishing post size. Guess they just grabbed the nearest tube and used that.

Re:

Peugeot used to use something less than 25mm, I can't remember what size it was .... 24.something as you say. I had a nice Selcof post on a late 80's Peugeot mountain bike so quality ones did exist. What the chances of finding one now are.........

Re:

Probably would but would only consider it for a fraction of that asking price. Its just a cheap and cheerful frame.

I'm good with a fraction of that price. :) Mine is used, not NOS. Give me a day or so to look it out and send you a picture. I'm sure we can agree a price. :)

Re:

Thanks for the offer but it has a huge lay-back so not really ideal for a small ladies frame.

Back