Wanted: Specialized Road Bike Racing Hubs 1980s

FL44

Old School Hero
Looking for a pair of Specialized Road Bike Racing hubs from the 1980ies, i.e. Specialized Stage Racing Hub or Specialized Sealed Bearing Hub.

32 or 36h

New, excellent or VGC.

(Photos: velobase.com)

Attachments

• specialized-sealed-bearing-hubs-1980.jpg
    specialized-sealed-bearing-hubs-1980.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 371
  • specialized-stage-racing-hubs-1980.jpg
    specialized-stage-racing-hubs-1980.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 370
I fully understand why you would want these hubs, they are truly fantastic. I have a pair of wheels fitted with these exact hubs (36h, stainless d/b spokes, 700c Alesa rims) not currently being used. They were hand built by Roy Swinnerton and are the smoothest running hubs I've ever come across, they spin silently forever. I may be interested in selling the wheels complete - they're too good to split. Please PM me if you're interested and in the UK. I'm in Lancashire.

Thank you for your thoughts on the performance of these hubs.

Actually I have got a special racing bike for which I would like to build a wheelset with SANSHIN hubs and ARAYA rims from about early 80ies. Apart from its own brands SunShine and SANSIN Sanshin made a couple of high-class hubs for several brands incl. Specialized.

So, I am looking for a pair out of these:

32h or 36h

SunTour
Superbe Pro BH-1500, Sprint BH-2000, or Cyclone BH-2200

Specialized
QR Stage Racing Hub or QR Sealed Bearing Hub

SunShine or SANSIN
Professional Bearing, Pro-Am, 5345 o.a.

Also, I am looking for:

ARAYA 700c/28" clincher
32h or 36h
Hard Anodized
(dark) grey or black
such as ADX-1W or CT-19N

For the moment I would like to keep in mind your offer and get back to you, if I would need to change my plan, ok?

"For the moment I would like to keep in mind your offer and get back to you, if I would need to change my plan, ok?"

No problem. Good luck with your search.

I fully understand why you would want these hubs, they are truly fantastic. I have a pair of wheels fitted with these exact hubs (36h, stainless d/b spokes, 700c Alesa rims) not currently being used. They were hand built by Roy Swinnerton and are the smoothest running hubs I've ever come across, they spin silently forever. I may be interested in selling the wheels complete - they're too good to split. Please PM me if you're interested and in the UK. I'm in Lancashire.
Hi, I realise this is somewhat late but do you still have the wheels. I am looking for 700c 622x16ish with a 126mm rear hub width with a screw on freewheel. A longshot I know but worth an ask.

Thanks but the bike probably isn't even worth that amount as I also need a rim and gearset which is going to push the rebuild towards not worth it territory. It's like looking for a needle in a field of haystacks to find the right parts, easy to get hold of in the USA but not worth paying an extra £80+ for shipping.
I'll keep looking, it's only taken 2 years so far to get beaten to the post every time. What's another couple of months going to hurt. Gave me something to do when locked in the house.

Thanks but the bike probably isn't even worth that amount as I also need a rim and gearset which is going to push the rebuild towards not worth it territory. It's like looking for a needle in a field of haystacks to find the right parts, easy to get hold of in the USA but not worth paying an extra £80+ for shipping.
I'll keep looking, it's only taken 2 years so far to get beaten to the post every time. What's another couple of months going to hurt. Gave me something to do when locked in the house.
Do you have any intrest in a used rear hub?

Have a pair 32hole, complete with QR. New, needing a clean. They have not been laced into a rim. One of the C shaped locking handles has snapped off.
Also have a front hub (32 h) with larger flanges - 5.5 cm against 4.9cm. no QR.
They are in N. Cornwall.

Back