Avocet Cyclometer Transmitter Cable

Re:

Thanks for the suggestions, chaps.

The TVT dropout is quite chunky and keeps the receiver in a straight ahead position - there's nothing that can be done to angle it etc. As for a shim on the transmitter ring, the ring barely makes it over the hub flange as it is, so there's no room for adjustment there either.

The manual mentions cutting off the tags and using tyewraps if the mount doesn't sit where you want it. Not the most elegant of solutions but it would allow a shim to be fitted. Another idea would be to cut off the outboard leg that goes around the fork blade and shim the inside leg to move the sensor over then hold in place with a tyewrap. Sadly both require a no going back cut.

Re:

Yes, I couldn't do the zip ties around the spoke crossings - it looks dreadful. I will just hang off using it until I can find the adjustable unit.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Last shot, space out the ring and hot glue it in place, wouldn't need much using black sticks.
It only uses a std reed switch so it could substituted for another unit but wouldn't be true to oem looks.

Re: cable

Sorry for delay router probs.
Believe it or not I have this one plus 4 ordinary white and 3 ordinary in black. Offered them for "free to good home" at the CTC Birthday Rides - no takers.
If you can offer it a good home just send me your address.

Roger.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back