WTD - Campag Square Taper BB Cups BSA

jackosbournesnr

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for the cups from a Chorus or Record square taper cartridge bottom bracket so I can swap an ITA fit between bikes rather than buying a whole BB I don't need.

Anybody got the cups or a nearly dead bottom bracket that the cups could be transplanted from? Must have unchewed splines and BSA threading.

I'm thinking up to a tenner plus postage.

Cheers
Ken

Hello again!

If Tel doesn't, I do. I've got a Chorus 102mm BB with BSA cups. Bearing totally toasted but cups / splines should be okay.

Been keeping it to attempt to replace the bearings. I believe it can be done if you can get the circlips off and can be bothered! So happy to part with the cups.

Cheesedisease":3hf6ue04 said:
Hello again!

If Tel doesn't, I do. I've got a Chorus 102mm BB with BSA cups. Bearing totally toasted but cups / splines should be okay.

Been keeping it to attempt to replace the bearings. I believe it can be done if you can get the circlips off and can be bothered! So happy to part with the cups.

Ideal.

If the threads and splines are indeed good, send me some pics.

BTW...unless you have access to a hefty discount from a bearing shop, rebuilding cartridge bottom brackets isn't worth it. I tried it years ago and having got the bearings off and measured, ended up binning the concept (and the now seperated bits) when I saw how much it would be for new bearings.
At the time UT had recently kicked in and there were bb's available with hefty discounts making rebuilds completely uneconomic.
Its closer now, but only if you are happy using average standard bearings... Higher end bearings bring it up to whole new bb prices and its still a faff!

Re:

Here you go. They look very good indeed. I'd say splines are very close to perfect. That's just a little bit of tissue debris making a couple splines on the adjustable cup look funny! Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 608
Back