Time TBT Equipe Racing Shoes EU 43 (Carbon sole)

FL44

Old School Hero
Looking for a pair of this model of Time shoes from around 1987/88. Preferably in NOS or very good condition. Also, any hint appreciated.

Thx!

Jan

photo by user "531 pro"
viewtopic.php?t=227209

Attachments

• DSCF0543.JPG
    DSCF0543.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,719
Re:

The best shoes ever made in my opinion and like hen's teeth these days.

This chap had a few pairs but is sadly down to a Size 40 now and that looks like it..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-NOS ... Sw3v5Ys1Kg

Maybe worth contacting him anyway.

Best of luck,

Craig

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Time TBT Le Defi Equipe Racing Shoes EU 42/43 (Carbon sole)

Thank you, Craig!

I'll ask.

Best,
Jan

Re:

What a shame. Keep the faith, though - ebay has a habit of throwing up what you want eventually. Keep a saved search for as many descriptive variations as you can. Sometimes you can miss them because they are poorly described. I waited several YEARS to find mine but EVENTUALLY got them!

:D

Re:

Great LOOK, Craig!

Yes, I’ll keep looking for a pair.

The reason why I am after this model is on the one hand to be consistent with 80ies era and on the other to get a strong shoe hence w/ carbon sole for better power transfer.

An alternative would be an late 80’s CARNAC w/ TBT carbon sole. Although those appear to be like hen’s teeth as well… ;-)

Best,
Jan

P.S.: Btw, where was the pic shot?

Re:

My non retro pals call me "Stuck in the '80s" which is quite a nice place to be in my opinion, certainly as far as the bike is concerned!

Those shoes are magic - as you say perfect power transfer to the pedals and minimal set up required with the correct cleats. I have something of a Time TBT fetish going on! I don't know what it is but I reckon that cycling never produced a better looking, better functioning shoe/ pedal combination in the clipless era to date..

That photo was taken at the Formentor Lighthouse in Majorca last September - a great trip with two red TvTs and two bland modern things... :|

:cool:

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":20p2epbb said:
The best shoes ever made in my opinion and like hen's teeth these days.
Second best ;)

001_635203967233851844.jpg

I've got a couple of pairs of those, one still in use........

Re:

Ahh, the legendary Rhubarb and Custard shoes!!

Here are some top riders of their day sporting some classy Time footwear . .

...and I'm led to believe that the Italian Tourist Board girl wore Time shoes in this photo too.. ;)

Re:

Sure she does! Cannot imagine anything else.

Where do you keep your fetish relics, Craig? Some sort of altar, I believe?

Would you share your experience and thoughts on correct worshipping of TIME magics with this forum, please?

Back