Weinmann type 730 brakes - 50mm reach

Jeefy-p

Retro Newbie
I have a pairs of weinmann type 730 unfortunately the reach is to long ( 55mm - 70mm), I am wanting preferably the same brakes (with red weinmann washer/ could be type 500) that accommodates a 50mm drop from bolt hole to center of rim. Can just buy or we could do a swap.
Thanks for any help

Re:

A bit miffed about which version of the 730 brake you've tried to use- any chance you could add a pic, since it sounds quite like you've already tried the shallow drop version?

Re:

Thanks for the reply
I have these 730 brake and the reach is 56mm to 75mm which is to long. I need a brake that falls into the 50mm reach category.
I found this table for weinmann brakes online -

TABLE OF BRAKE REACH

MODEL MINIMUM (mm) MAXIMUM (mm)
400 40 54
500 43 56
730 56 75

So I would need the type 500 model

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 594
Are the brakes on a bike that is mainly for show? The smaller Weinmann brakes were notoriously poor on the performance front :)

Shaun

Re:

No it's to be ridden, was just looking for a like for like replacement. Would go for some different ones if they were from the same era

Re:

I have these 730 brake and the reach is 56mm to 75mm which is to long

Ok, it's just that I know the 730 model comes in two different sizes, but now that you've pointed out that the other models are smaller sizes, I'm guessing the other 730 would be larger than 53-76mm size.
I do have a set of 500's, but let me know if the above chap doesn't turn up something more to your liking/better performing.

Re:

That sounds good, would prefer to replace The ones I had, could you possible post a picture of the 500 brakes? And do you have a price? Thanks

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back