Modern Carbon or Aluminium Road frame, L/XL (sorted)

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Tentative request for a family member who is looking to change his road frame in the not too distant. I've said I'd keep an eye out for something suitable. He's not into retro (yet...) so modern will be the order of the day here - something carbon or decent quality aluminium, in good condition. He's also about 6'3 or 6'4 so likely to need the largest size going and in fact that's his main reason for changing from his current frame. Will need carbon forks too so I can look at frame & fork sets.

I'd be interested to see what's around and pass on details of anything that might look suitable. Postage would be useful though I'm in Hampshire, he's in the East midlands and we'll both be in Co. Durham over Easter so one of us could take a look at anything promising in those areas.

Cheers :)

Edit - a change in priorities means the plans for upgrading the frame are now on hold.

Re:

I have a complete Giant Defy 1 in an XL, about 5 years old but very little use. its the Aly frame carbon fork version.
Kit is Tiagra 10 speed but it doesnt have to stay on it.
Im in Gosport if you want to view.
Cheers

Re: Modern Carbon or Aluminium Road frame, Large/X-Large

Thanks longbeech - as it happens the frame he's replacing is a Defy (probably in L size I think, and possibly even the same model!) So I think he's going to be looking for a bit of a change and possibly a bit of an upgrade, while getting a more suitable size.

I can put loads of stickers on it and hsve a go with a rattle can if that will make him happy☺ if not no probs
cheers

He'll be best off with a XL/58 cm frame. Any smaller will be too small really.

Re:

I have a Kuota Ksano frameset in 60cm size. Headset included and a few other lightweight parts (brakes and bars are available).

Looks like this:

http://sprzedajemy.pl/najlepsza-oferta- ... nr25323977

and another image can be seen in this RB post:
viewtopic.php?t=213971

Tis a thing of great beauty and lightness with its sculpted tubes, in carbon obviously. Just not my thing really having decided to stay steel and real :D

Let me know if of any interest.

I've got a Cannondale CAAD 4 R500 in celeste like this:

http://www.pedalroom.com/p/cannondale-caad4-26330_1.jpg

Size is XL (63cm if memory serves me right), I'm 6'3.5" and it fits me.

It's frame only and the only downer is that the previous owner painted the top tube and seat stays in black. I kinda like it like that and I don't imagine it would be too difficult to remove.

I'm in Manchester and happy to post, also going to be in London over easter weekend if that helps.

new boxed 61cm Scott CR1 SL (HMX variant), incl all the bits, WCS headset, fork, Dura Ace BB.
968g incl BB, 328g fork.
£500+post at cost

I am looking to sell my De Rosa Corum, as a built bike, ideally, in the near future. Campag 10 speed kit on it. Top tube around 57.5cm. I am 6'3'' and it fits me, well. Lovely modern take on classic - tig welded steel, oversized tubing. All Corums were built by Doriano DeRosa.

Based in East Mids - Leicestershire, happy to provide more details (measurements, photos, groupset, etc), if it may be of interest.

David

Back