Classic steel 52-54 square audax/tourer wanted

sheggers

Old School Hero
Title says it all really. Steel only and preferably something 531 or Columbus SL. Wanted for general London pootling about (with the occassional longer ride) so looking for something with mudguard eyelets and clearances, and ideally something I can fit a rack to. Drop handlebars, shifters on the downtube but not fussed if with brifters. Not after anything new or new (ish).

A Condor, Mercian, Holdsworth or something of that ilk would be good. Doesn't all need to be working as I can sort that out. No big dents or dings but doesn't need to be a show pony.

Thanks

David

Re:

David,

I have something that might work if you are happy to use cantis? Same blue as that, 531, 54 square, numerous touring braze-ons and surprisingly light.

Can do you pictures tomorrow if of any interest?

I've a small PlanetX Kaffenback with tiagra 3x9 gears, h/built wheels, rack, mudguards, cantilevers, etc.
Very good condition. I'll upload some photo's if interested.....
Mark

Hi

I have got a 53cm Pearson, very similar spec to the Condor. I will post pictures and full spec tomorrow.

Cheers

Rob

As promised here are some pictures of the 53cm Pearson Bike I have for sale:

Pearson steel frame, from the famous London frame builder looking at the braze ons I would say that the frame is c mid 1980s. The seat tube is 53cm from centre to top and the top tube is 53cm from centre to centre, it has mudguard eyes and down tube bottle cage mounts. The wheels are Shimano 105 hubs built onto Rigda rims; it is 9 speed with Shimano 105 rear mech and Dura ace down tube levers; Stronglight triple chainset; the brakes are Campagnolo and the levers are Shimano; Cinelli bars and stem and a Campagnolo Record headset; the mudguards are not include; the Maidison rack is providing it will fit in the box. I am looking for £325 including the courier

Attachments

• IMG_5146.JPG
    IMG_5146.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_5145.JPG
    IMG_5145.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_5144.JPG
    IMG_5144.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_5142.JPG
    IMG_5142.JPG