Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:59 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:20 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Was going to post yesterday but was too busy. My eldest had his nonfirmation on Saturday so it's just been mad for the whole of last week.

No updates as such. The original schedule in the first is pretty solid. Will be checking a couple of tracks over the next day or two to check they aren't too overgrown to use - but plenty of people ride regularly in Ibjerg woods so it should all be open.

Cykelposten closes at 12 but there may be last-minute customers so best bet is if people arrive from 13.00 with a view to setting out on the ride around 14.00. I have Odi Attacks, M732 brake blocks and a couple of NOS Shimano chains for sale from the shop and a good bit of my own stuff too... so earlier arrival is more time for barter and banter....

Ride should be done around 16.30, depending on breaks and optional loops - depending who turns up and what deadlines they need to meet.

Could really do with some feedback about who is planning on stopping for longer after the ride and maybe grill etc... and who has to rush back home for Skt Hans. I can stay on as long as needed as I only live 100 yards away from the shop....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:06 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Thanks for the update... I will be rushing back just after the ride as I have some people in for dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Sorry guys, i will not be able to make it this time. We are going on vacation on saturday (last minute decision). I hope there will be another chance for a retroride in the future.
:cry: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Well that's 2 cancellations. Crandall can't make it either..... and I'm pretty sure if he's not coming then Jens isn't either.

It's not looking good chaps.

Not going to make a big effort moving stuff around if only 5 people are going to show up - but it's still on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

dbmtb wrote:
Well that's 2 cancellations. Crandall can't make it either..... and I'm pretty sure if he's not coming then Jens isn't either.

It's not looking good chaps.

Not going to make a big effort moving stuff around if only 5 people are going to show up - but it's still on.

I think we should move it then. It is a petty to rush back after the ride for the Sankt Hans evening... So my suggesting would be to move it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I already moved it as the consensus was that it needed to be before holiday period.

And if last year is anything to go by I may be struggling to find the time through August as it was very busy...

Also would really like to beat Århus MTB club to the post on being the first event of its kind!

Will ask around an see what others have to say. But to be honest I think it's bad form to change the date at this late stage, particularly as it's been posted up all over the place and some people might show up unannounced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

dbmtb wrote:
I already moved it as the consensus was that it needed to be before holiday period.

And if last year is anything to go by I may be struggling to find the time through August as it was very busy...

Also would really like to beat Århus MTB club to the post on being the first event of its kind!

Will ask around an see what others have to say. But to be honest I think it's bad form to change the date at this late stage, particularly as it's been posted up all over the place and some people might show up unannounced.

Yes it somehow a downer to.move as such late... But better to.move than to cancel.
I may need a ride if we stick to Ithis saterday. Just sold my lancia integrale today... :-) it took a year to sell. So kind of a relief that it is gone now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:56 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Hej David og Jacob,

Tænker lige at smide den her tilkendegivelse her: Hvis i fx i juleferien kommer omkring nordsjælland så gad jeg godt køre en tur sammen... Er sådan set lige glad med om det er på de nye eller de gamle cykler - begge dele virker for mig! PM mig hvis det sker!

RideON
Jakob

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Only just saw this today...

Anyway... was in the UK for Christmas so couldn't have made it anyway :xmas-wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

No worries. Hope we can make it for a ride some other time. Nice with the fb page you set up!