Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

After posting in DMK's forum the other day and seeing some interest (however small) in a retro meet, I'd like to just throw a ball in the air and see who else is interested.

Would be happy to set up such an event on Fyn, which is central to Denmark and easily accessible from Northern Germany too.

Would be able to provide various routes covering a range of terrain types/distances.

Alternatively - what about a retro team at a marathon 12H/24H event? think the Danish cycling scene (both on and off road) is generally way too serious for my tastes and could do with lightening up a little. Old guys on old bikes might be just the ticket. The wealthy North-Sealand roadies have got their Rapha club and events. We've only got what we make ourselves.

Last edited by dbmtb on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

dbmtb wrote:
After posting in DMK's forum the other day and seeing some interest (however small) in a retro meet, I'd like to just throw a ball in the air and see who else is interested.

Would be happy to set up such an event on Fyn, which is central to Denmark and easily accessible from Northern Germany too.

Would be able to provide various routes covering a range of terrain types/distances.

Alternatively - what about a retro team at a marathon 12H/24H event? think the Danish cycling scene (both on and off road) is generally way too serious for my tastes and could do with lightening up a little. Old guys on old bikes might be just the ticket. The wealthy North-Sealand roadies have got their Rapha club and events. We've only got what we make ourselves.

I'm in on this - as I also stated at mtb.dk. I consider Fyn a good place to organize a meeting. If you will be up for it we could also do a fine epic single track tour in the wealthy northern seeland where I live - and flashes my Rapha cap ;-)

I get seldom ride the old bikes. The niner jet 9 seems to take a lot of the action at the moment. So a retro meet may be a good thing...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Yetidh9 wrote:
[
I'm in on this - as I also stated at mtb.dk. I consider Fyn a good place to organize a meeting. If you will be up for it we could also do a fine epic single track tour in the wealthy northern seeland where I live - and flashes my Rapha cap ;-)

I lived in Copenhagen from 94 to 07 so I think I've ridden every track there is to find in Northern Sealand 8D... Finding new ones on Fyn has been a lot of fun and I'm still finding new routes every time I go out.

Remember Goldflash (RIP)? Marli Farli? And racing against Kylling and Djernis? The Danish MTB-scene was a lot less serious in those days.....

I think Fixie-king is doing what the MTB scene used to. The club I was in before moving to Denmark used to have its weekly ride-planning meetings in a Manchester pub. I really think people have a tendency to punish themselves too much for their sport here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:05 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

dbmtb wrote:
Yetidh9 wrote:
[

I lived in Copenhagen from 94 to 07 so I think I've ridden every track there is to find in Northern Sealand 8D... Finding new ones on Fyn has been a lot of fun and I'm still finding new routes every time I go out.

Remember Goldflash (RIP)? Marli Farli? And racing against Kylling and Djernis? The Danish MTB-scene was a lot less serious in those days.....

I think Fixie-king is doing what the MTB scene used to.

I do indeed remember them. I organized the fundays in 99 and 2000. Gold flash was hit by fireworks at one of the fundays.... While He was taking a leek. Pretty funny. Good guy RIP.
I hooked up with Marli today. We have been in contact on and off... Both has a thing going for cars too. He still has his dean. So He might wanna join up. Hans joergen also still has the 97 rocket mountain blizzard that He got from me. So could be good seeing him. And many Kim g svendsen and Toby and aim of the other dudes from Baxter. Toby got a real fling for old mtbs and justvtokd me about some new finds He had made... but i reding that some of these guys would be easier to drag out if we so this a round Copenhagen..... We also have Jan Qvist Ho lives in Mols. That could also be a nice place for a venue....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Or....

We could all just go and see Sandra in St Tropez.... 8D

Haven't been able to drag myself to a Depeche Mode gig since the one in Parken I went to with Casper - he'd been on about it for months in advance and a week afterwards he was gone. So happy he didn't miss it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

OK back on track.

So far have 2 definites from Jutland and 2 seriously interesteds from Copenhagen.

So it looks like it's "ON". Don't really want to be dragging more than around 10 people round at this early stage in the world of Danish retro-meets.

Mid-late June seems like a good time.

I started a thread at www.dmk.dk and will also be making a facebook event. Everyone interested so far seems to be on FB.

So it's time to start thinking about getting on board if you haven't already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:26 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I'm in, looking forward to updates. Thanks for the pm...

Jakob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:30 pm 
Retro Guru

will keep an eye on this...and thanks for the heads-up
´will spread the word
lots of us semi-old bike-nuts in cph, my gut feeling is, that its more likely to be a succes, if held in Cph..(and im not just saying that for logistic reasons)

if the depeche concert your refering to, was i ca 2001, i can only say it was one of the greatest concerts, ive ever experienced!
(and im a 16 time Roskilde veteran)
man, a special vibe at that concert

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:28 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

fritzlite wrote:
my gut feeling is, that its more likely to be a succes, if held in Cph.

if the depeche concert your refering to, was i ca 2001, i can only say it was one of the greatest concerts, ive ever experienced!

Yes it was. My only DM show to date. Not up in my top 10 gigs by any means in terms of performance - but in terms of the company I was with and the general occasion. One of the best.

Re. location. Copenhagen has been considered - but I don't think we can cope with more than about 10 participants and at least 2 are coming from Jutland. Problem with Copenhagen is you have to get outside the city for it to be good. And most people ride there anyway. I can offer some stuff on Fyn that nobody else really seems to know about.

If this can grow to something bigger than that would be awesome - but best to start small I think. I have a shop within easy riding distance of some nice trails that can function as meetup point and post-ride chill location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:52 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I have 5 or 6 interested parties for this so far. Deadline for registering interest is midnight Sunday.

Of course you can join in after that but your wishes with regard to date etc won't be taken into consideration when planning.