GT XCR 4000 1999

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi guys just bought a used frame off ebay, intend to build it up as a bit of a mish mash with some parts I've got gathering dust.

Trying to find out some information about the rear suspension unit. The frame comes with a Rockshox unit Had a look on Bikepedia and it looks like this is probably the original RockShox Deluxe with 4.6" travel.

If this is the original shock then I'm not too confident of it's current state :( as it's a 10 year old unit it's probably knackered (then again I may be lucky and it will be in A1 condition !!)

Now theres loads of half decent used shocks floating around for sale on the Net and was wondering what the eye to eye measurements for this frame actually is.

Has anybody got some info on possible replacement shocks or any experience of shocks that fit :?: :?:

Also whats the diameter of the Seatpost? 27.2 ????

Here's a pic of the frame (sorry but it's off the ebay advert) to give you an idea. Any help or guidance would be really appreciated :p

Attachments

• 5f1e_1.JPG
    5f1e_1.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 8,958
Gadro":2wj59j8t said:
......build it up as a bit of a mish mash......

Not that much of a mish mash though :)

Hope Stem, Raceface Bars, XT Brakes, LX STI's / Brakes, LX Front and Rear Mechs, LX / Sunn Wheels, :oops: NEWish Truvativ Chainset :oops:

Anybody with some knowlege of these frames in their noggin?

Gt XCR 4000

The Rockshox shock works well but it will also accept a Fox Float with the right pivot bolts. Sorry, dont have the eye to eye measurements....

Seat diameter is 27.2mm.

Good luck with the build

Here is the one I built up from scratch as well.....

Attachments

• xcr_4000_192.jpg
    xcr_4000_192.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 8,919
I had one of these from brand new back in '99. I found the rear shock ok but quite bouncy. Might be worth checking out an air shock if you can? :?

For the record, I sold mine to a friend who then sold it to another friend and the original shock is still working fine. ;)

I never got on with the bike (due to a life long Orange addiction rather then the bike :oops: ) but the current owner loves it.

It looks like the original and the correct length. A shorter one would result in the bb being to far from mainframe. Too long would be pressed against frame. I'll stick my neck out and say 165mm if you want a figure, but i'd measure iot when the frame arrives

Back