Hope hub identification please

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Not sure on age of these so hope I've posted in right section.

I need to know which hub this is so I can look for service instructions. Fatso instructions don't apply as neither stub axles are threaded.

It has a splined disc hub.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20210120_211451-01_compress61.jpg
    IMG_20210120_211451-01_compress61.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 444
Firmly mid 90s. They are from a time after threaded disc carriers that would thread onto a track hub, and before IS 6 bolt. By 1998, pretty much everyone had adopted 6 bolt and the regular IS mounting system.

Hope suspension.

The side you've pictured with the short spacer is for the mechanical disc brake. You'll need to replace that with the correct one to use in a standard fork

They were called suspension hubs. The end caps just pull off to reveal the cartridge bearing. Be very careful handling them, they tend to be quite delicate 25 years on. Check around the spoke holes for cracks.

dyna-ti":2j8pews4 said:
Hope suspension.

The side you've pictured with the short spacer is for the mechanical disc brake. You'll need to replace that with the correct one to use in a standard fork

I have 4 of those short spacers in silver finish NOS, if anyone is looking for some.

dyna-ti":oiqw22wl said:
Hope suspension.

Thanks! The side you've pictured with the short spacer is for the mechanical disc brake. You'll need to replace that with the correct one to use in a standard fork

It came with a 3 bolt disc & hydraulic Hope caliper fitted to a Pace RC35 MXCD. It was a 1999 bike but as I guessed these must have been taken from an older bike. The rear Hope hub is non-disc.

I'm planning on running it with V brakes. Will it not be ok as it is?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 388
dyna-ti":1fhqtziu said:
Hope suspension.

Having just cleaned & greased the bearings & reassembled it's just clicked what you mean! Sorry I'm a bit slow!

My fault, I should have included 'adaptor' as the early mechanical had the lower half of your brake built in, but when hydraulic came out and more fork makers we available, Hope did a couple of different lowers. If theres a P on it its for Pace, if not then probably Judy, those being the popular forks of the time.

As to the missing spacer, It's likely I have one, but ive stored all the extra Hope bits off my collection away, so Ill need to dig out and measure up. Probably be either red, black or silver for it, as ive no blue left in the spares box.
But beggars cant be choosers eh ? :LOL:

It was a Pace.

I posted a wanted ad up for a spacer a few minutes ago so if you have one that would be fantastic. I think it'll be 12mm deep. Colour unimportant if it means I can re-purpose the hub. I'm trying to keep the build cost down.

Cheers!

Back