BotM May 2019 Nominations 1998-->

fotorat1

Retro Guru
Anything goes for May and I expect to see some Mountain Mayhem Images for the June Poll.

As usual fo the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. Tims's 2007 Specialized Camber
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Please include a link to your ride in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one.

Entries submitted after May 31st will not be counted

The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run up to Mountain Mayhem so the winner can rejoice is great company.

mkone":d3f6fle5 said:
Will have to try to get my Trek finished :)

Mark

and I will have to try and get a good photo this time around, which Trek is it? I used to love my 2007 Fuel EX9 but the h/a was just too steep for me so it had to go.

Well, here is my wifes Bontrager Privateer from 1998.

2372024-i5okj98pm5yf-dsc00219-large.jpg

2383592-6ee7mxku3mmy-bontii-large.jpg

And a short build thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=398355

Cheers,
Marco

Re:

LongboardSi's (2009?) Mullet Scandal (29" front, 27.5" rear wheel)

It's an early On-one Scandal 29er, with slotted dropouts, so a 27.5 rear wheel, slammed to the very front works nicely. It drops the BB a bit too, which I like as On-ones often feel a bit higher than I like, and slackens the very steep and twitchy Scandal Geometry a touch at the head-tube. while running a longer fork also slackens it, that raises the BB and makes it just a bit vague and unpleasant, whereas dropping the back end feels really nice.

Did the first 5 laps of this years Strathpuffer on it (running as a single-speed), but by then it was getting far too icy not to be on spikes, and I've only got them in 26" flavour, so the following 10 were on an older bike.

It's sometimes scary how fast it goes though, especially when you come into corners or really gnarly sections a bit quicker than expected!

Attachments

• with wider bars.jpg
    with wider bars.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 804
  • Scandal - Side EVEN SMALLER.jpg
    Scandal - Side EVEN SMALLER.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 804
Back