Cannondale/ Headshok technical question.....

j3aay

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I have a lovely 2003 Cannondale F600 with the 80mm DL fork, it’s great but being hefty I miss rebound adjustment.

I’ve just picked up some 2007 80mm DLR’s (with rebound adjust and a much better Magura cartridge).

I’d like to keep the look all original so my question is, can the internals be swapped over/ can the legs be swapped?

If not, any ideas for a good match to Cannondale Nimbus grey?!

Thanks,

Are you sure the damper is a Magura? If it is it will have a screw in the centre of the red dial. If yes then its not possible to fit this damper into your old fork.
If the red rebound dial has no screw in the centre then its a cannondale branded damper and it may be possible to fit into your original fork

Re:

Excellent info, thank you!

The fork is in the post so I cannot check. The seller believes it has a Magura Cart but I’m not sure. It’s one of the last generation Headshoks to be made that’s all I know.

Cheers

If its genuinely one of the most recent Headshoks then it wont have a Magura damper as these were only fitted in forks for 2005 & 2006.
The forks before then and after then had Cannondale dampers fitted which are less prone to failing and the parts are much easier to buy.

Re:

It’s off a caffeine that I’m sure is a 2007 model. The last of the I.S mount forks. We’ll see!

Cheers

raceready":2t88cacf said:
If its genuinely one of the most recent Headshoks then it wont have a Magura damper as these were only fitted in forks for 2005 & 2006.
The forks before then and after then had Cannondale dampers fitted which are less prone to failing and the parts are much easier to buy.

Forks are here. They have no screw down the middle so hopefully a swap is possible!

I’ve asked RSF Suspension in Plymouth if they can do it to save posting them. I’ll see what they say.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back