What's your winter bike for 2018/19

davidj

Senior Retro Guru
2018 saw me become a total Orange fanboy. As I am sure you are aware Orange bikes have to be blinged up, kept clean and shiny and be admired. Some people claim to ride them in extreme conditions but then display a photo that fits my above description ;).

My beautiful Sky Blue clockwork, littered with the right labels and no sign of wear or corrosion, is safely tucked away.

My 2014 Clockwork is up for winter duty though. Despite not having the right labels on the components, being somewhat dirty and having a seriously ugly rear mudguard it rides beautifully! I have even found myself admiring it!! (I am a total fanboy though).

What are you rocking for this winter season? With a photo in the dark and wet please ;).

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 791
Re: Small, far away..

Whilst I wait for someone else to join in here is a picture of a giant rabbit and a very small Orange Clockwork!

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 730
So can you enlighten me on posting pictures? I don't use Photobucket or the like any more but can copy codes from Facebook.

image.jpg

Here are 2 of my winter possibilities. As you can see below I have 2 classics but in bad weather, like today, I prefer my more modern Boardman because it's better protected from the weather. Also I don't have the same emotional attachment to the Boardman.
I thought today that the SRAM 1x11 doesn't perform as well in grotty conditions as my 10 speed Shimano. Maybe the cogs are just too close together?

Re: Small, far away..

davidj":10iiwc0o said:
Whilst I wait for someone else to join in here is a picture of a giant rabbit and a very small Orange Clockwork!
that's not a rabbit that\s Bill Bailey

I want a Whyte JW anything

My initials are JW. and they're cooler than a bag full of cool things. needs to be the biggest though.

Back