Saddle help needed to cheer me up

fotorat1

Retro Guru
So for years I have loved both of these as they have been a pefect fit for me

1 Fizik Nisene HP sport

2 Speccy BG Alias and Rival 143.

and as result I have only these saddles on my bikes.

sadly though one of my HP Sports has started to creak badly and is looking very worn and tatty.

I was heart broken to find that I couldnt just go out and buy a new one so I took a chance on the Tundra 2. it is the right shape and fits fine (and is light weight) but it feels like solid plastic - rock hard. Normally I dont notice the saddle but I do on the Tundra!

Can anyone recommend a modern saddle equal to the HP Sport please?

fotorat1":2e60m8rn said:

1 Fizik Nisene HP sport

Isnt that 3 saddles!? :)

Have you tried ebay? there are a few on there

mark

mkone":2xltvjdb said:
fotorat1":2xltvjdb said:

1 Fizik Nisene HP sport

Isnt that 3 saddles!? :)

Have you tried ebay? there are a few on there

mark

the Alias and Rival are so similar I dont count them as 2 differnet designs (I probably should)

what I really want is a new saddle to match the Nisene.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's really annoying, used to have a shop in germany that stocked *loads* of out of production Fizik saddles. Bought many Vitesse saddles for my wife (dozen or more).

Now can't find them.

And you can't have either of mine. (One on a bike, one in a bag..... somewhere.)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I am giving up on Fizik (after viewing what specialized are doing in terms of new saddles)

The Toupe looks very similar to my rival as does the romin so they are next on my "buy and try" shopping list

Try and get a demo on one first.
Even saddles that look the same aren't always (as going between two different models of arione proved).

Re:

I recently took the plunge and purchased a Brooks Cambium C15. It is very different to my usual choice of a Seta S1, I have at least half a dozen and they are all I have used for years.

First ride out on the Brooks and with the usual dodging traffic, negotiating kerbs and potholes I was distracted from the saddle and down the road before I even realised it. Never before has a saddle just "worked" for me. For sale a load of Seta S1, wanted a load of Brooks Cambium C15 LOL.

Point of my tale? Fear of change often prevents us discovering something better. If you can try some other quality saddles. Or just put everything on Brooks - fair chance you will win ;)

Back